Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Egyptian King

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Going rate for a handful of clubs only though.

He could get it at PSG when Mbappe leaves that is his choice.

End of the day we wont give him double what Van Djik is on it will cause issues in the dressing room.

Let United do what they like with wages hardly getting value from the top earners lately.

To be honest it is disgusting amount to be paying players when most fans are working class.
    Most cinema goers/film watchers are working class too, hasnt stopped top actors getting paid 25 mill a flick.

He probably should be on double what VVD earns imo.

When the ESL issue came up, I was pro ESL owing to the clusterfucks that are Uefa/Fifa/Ffp/Cas.
    I've no issue with the global economy growing and more "fans" enjoying the game etc but it was my opinion that fans should have been representing their interests - match day ticket prices.

Roughly speaking I remember dicko saying a ticket cost £5 in 1992 and the subsequent inflation on ticket prices (unfairly) rose in line with the inflation in wages/fees/tv-money/commercial.
    Those revenue streams were booming unlike your average Joe's wage packet.
    Think it was smithy who talked about forking out £170 pound during a CL week to see 3 games.

Fans (imo) should have seen the changes in the game and the growing cash pool as an opportunity to demand significant reductions in ticket prices.
    Leave the corporate boxes as they are but reduce the cost of all other tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If we signed Haaland or Mbappe next summer how much would their wages be ?
    Sadly those sort of wages are what the top end players are asking. And Mo is definitely up there, he's a big game player.
    Not sure of the veracity of the rumours but Halaand I seen at 825kpw for wage demands.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If we signed Haaland or Mbappe next summer how much would their wages be ?
    Sadly those sort of wages are what the top end players are asking. And Mo is definitely up there, he's a big game player.
    Not denying he’s up there Ian. Just think it’s all become a major piss take. Adding the bloody agents into it and the footballing world has gone mad

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Most cinema goers/film watchers are working class too, hasnt stopped top actors getting paid 25 mill a flick.

When the ESL issue came up, I was pro ESL owing to the clusterfucks that are Uefa/Fifa/Ffp/Cas.
    I've no issue with the global economy growing and more "fans" enjoying the game etc but it was my opinion that fans should have been representing their interests - match day ticket prices.

Roughly speaking I remember dicko saying a ticket cost £5 in 1992 and the subsequent inflation on ticket prices (unfairly) rose in line with the inflation in wages/fees/tv-money/commercial.
    Think it was smithy who talked about forking out £170 pound during a CL week to see 3 games.

Fans (imo) should have seen the changes in the game and the growing cash pool as an opportunity to demand significant reductions in ticket prices.
    I agree film stars are paid too much as well but I’m talking about football here.

People seem to be suggesting just give him what he likes which is something I’m hugely against regardless of what players say they don’t want anyone earning two or three times more than them if they are just as important members.

I doubt Mo is asking for £500k anyway as he knows how the club works.

There is only a handful of clubs who can afford those salaries so it limits your options we don’t want to be the next Barca who just give players what they wanted look at them now they don’t have oil money to bail them out the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree film stars are paid too much as well but I’m talking about football here.

People seem to be suggesting just give him what he likes which is something I’m hugely against regardless of what players say they don’t want anyone earning two or three times more than them if they are just as important members.

I doubt Mo is asking for £500k anyway as he knows how the club works.

There is only a handful of clubs who can afford those salaries so it limits your options we don’t want to be the next Barca who just give players what they wanted look at them now they don’t have oil money to bail them out the shit.
    I posted that if the club sell him to PSG next summer I wouldn't complain too much. Top player but getting on in years and you don't want to be stuck with ageing players on massive wages.
    He'd raise the biggest fee.

I would approve of spending those types of wages on Halaand or Mbop though as they have youth on their side.

Disagree on this wage bubble inflation argument though, think it's up to the management to be strong leaders and simply put players in their place somewhat.

The changing football landscape is probably worth its own thread.

We see both Barca/Real stymied somewhat having had the top players wages to pay warding off PSG/City/Cfc/Many essentially.
    Not that Manu have been competitive.

In the PL there are a fair few clubs who due to not having to pay top top wages have been able to invest in the market on fees.
    Due to PL success more generally too they are now in a position to compete for transfers like never before.
    Hold out for silly money too, Rice 100 mill wham wanted for him. Signing a bamford or Antonio today would be very difficult as those clubs don't need the fees and can hold out for mad money like Rice.

The knock on effect from the big movers in the market will come to those clubs in time too.
    Their agents will know what they can hit their club's for.
    The harsh reality of the oil clubs influence will come to them very soon imo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Not denying he’s up there Ian. Just think it’s all become a major piss take. Adding the bloody agents into it and the footballing world has gone mad
    Totally agree, but so you get on the train or get left behind ? It's a very very risky game FSG are playing. Huge money coming in from tv, Nike and numerous other sponsors but we fail to strengthen the squad. Either they're planning something big next year or it will be balancing the books again. There's absolutely nothing to suggest it will be anything other than the latter .

I remember the rumour was Dean Saunders was the highest earner in the league with us in 1992 at around £7k a week ( got no facts to back that up though) but salaries have gone up by a factor of 3-4 on the ticket price hike since then and i remember paying £6-7 on the kop in 1993. So approx kop prices up by a factor of 6 in 30yrs,top salaries up by a factor of 20-30.

There’s a case to be made for moving him on while he’s still worth money if our current outlay is all we are capable of without selling.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    There’s a case to be made for moving him on while he’s still worth money if our current outlay is all we are capable of without selling.
    I think he'll go at end of this season. Hopefully after winning something.
    I do think we need something more unpredictable up front, the other title contenders and any other teams with well drilled defences can hold us out when the game is compacted in their final third, i feel we play the law of averages with so many balls in from either wing that a defender will slip, slice it or the keeper fumbles.

With our defence looking strong again, a lot the smaller teams will give up trying to take us on at home (or even on their patch) or even trying long balls if vvvd and matip keep mopping them up, meaning we are back to the old problem of breaking them down. pens are gonna be harder to come by this season (were hard for us anyway) with the relaxation of the rules too.

I posted that if the club sell him to PSG next summer I wouldn't complain too much. Top player but getting on in years and you don't want to be stuck with ageing players on massive wages.
    He'd raise the biggest fee.

I would approve of spending those types of wages on Halaand or Mbop though as they have youth on their side.

Disagree on this wage bubble inflation argument though, think it's up to the management to be strong leaders and simply put players in their place somewhat.

The changing football landscape is probably worth its own thread.

We see both Barca/Real stymied somewhat having had the top players wages to pay warding off PSG/City/Cfc/Many essentially.
    Not that Manu have been competitive.

In the PL there are a fair few clubs who due to not having to pay top top wages have been able to invest in the market on fees.
    Due to PL success more generally too they are now in a position to compete for transfers like never before.
    Hold out for silly money too, Rice 100 mill wham wanted for him. Signing a bamford or Antonio today would be very difficult as those clubs don't need the fees and can hold out for mad money like Rice.

The knock on effect from the big movers in the market will come to those clubs in time too.
    Their agents will know what they can hit their club's for.
    The harsh reality of the oil clubs influence will come to them very soon imo
    I agree with most of what you've said and I think our club will show leadership their will be a maximum wage they want to go to.

I guess IF Salah wants £500k a week its easier to sell him and keep the squad happy rather than vice versa.

I guess some will say it lacks ambition I dont agree as I said there is more quality players in football that cant all fit into oil clubs squads.

Mbappe is good but think its done deal with Madrid and Haaland figures are scary when you add in his agent too we wont be dealing with him.