Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Shite second half, we are absolutely shite at trying to play through teams, absolutely shite at it, variation went out of the window, no back to front, not working overloads and getting it in the box with players well placed to win the second balls, just a half full of absolute garbage tappy crappy shite we're fucking hopeless at, not good enough, not even approaching being good enough, crap from Jurgen that half today too, keeping Mo out wide, should have been Trent or Elliott providing the width
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    bio

Enjoy your weekend, pal
    Thanks you too.

We dont play with a forward. our attacks are always angled in from wide. but we have no one central.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Trent had an off day, couldn’t cross a road today. Robbo did himself no favours after the excellent performances from his understudy.

The lack of goals from midfield is still my biggest worry about the squad, we have some excellent forwards but they function better with space to run into, we have often struggled against teams parking the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It’s got 1-1 written all over it
    It was a classic ten man performance. Predictable. They are a well organised team. We actually did better at breaking them down than I was expecting

Tough opponent. Good point even of it may feel for some like we lost.

Think Klopp got it wrong by dropping 3 players who did so well. Ecspecially Jota who had been our difference maker on first 2 games.

Unlucky boys.

Van Dijk sure handled that Lukaku supposed enigma

Thought firmino was best player out there today until he had to go off

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Always going to be difficult against the best defensive unit in the League, when they have little interest in coming out of their own half.
    I admire positivity, but today, we were absolute rubbish.

Over reliance on Salah is becoming ridiculous.

Still early in the season, but we’re going to need someone, anyone to sort the attacking shambles out.

Robertson should not be starting ahead of Kostas. I love Elliot, but we may have needed a bit more experience getting all 3 points today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Our squad is stale, now we’ve dished out loads of new contracts, no need to bother. Couldn’t break down 10 players for half a game, pathetic. Chelski will finish above us thats for sure.
    Agree. Too many think that same squad from 3 years ago is good enough. It isn't, especially the midfield. There's nothing there except workrate.
    Comfortable point for them even down to 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Trent had an off day, couldn’t cross a road today. Robbo did himself no favours after the excellent performances from his understudy.

The lack of goals from midfield is still my biggest worry about the squad, we have some excellent forwards but they function better with space to run into, we have often struggled against teams parking the bus.
    Trent really is key but overall think Chelsea defended well. Today was a a day where you needed that number 9 in the box.