Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Agree Legs, they are the best defensive unit around and they were focused on sitting deep and defending. Never going to be easy unless we had been in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well yeah that's being realistic tbh, we'd have a chance but big improvements needed in the midfield that's the reality of it, been like that for a bit now, sadly thiago I don't think is the answer, I really hope he comes on and improves like Havertz did.
    We all want to win Kev but in fairness they defended well.

I think its going to be hard for players to get in our side straight away obviously players are out there but some are out of reach due to prices being spent.

People need to get City out of their head and thinking they going to run away with the league title. If i watch them u can see that they are beatable even when they win 8-0. City demolish sides when they win but when it is not working and they dont score 3 in 15 minuted then it is game on.

Each team play 38 games. Let us enjoy the next 35.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We all want to win Kev but in fairness they defended well.

I think its going to be hard for players to get in our side straight away obviously players are out there but some are out of reach due to prices being spent.
    yes well I do hope it's just that, and it's not a sign of some performances last season again, it felt a bit of a flashback at times..

end of the day it's just 1 game.... at least we didn't lose rather looking forward to the leeds game.

Only thing we didnt have touchline byline width. Something has changed with the right side with HE playing there. Too many passes and out to in runs. We need someone to just run straight down wide and vary our crossing angles. It will come as Klopp and team have homework to do. Maybe last 2 games lulled us a bit in terms of deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just a reminder that this Chelsea defence conceded TWO goals total in their games through the last-16, quarters, semis and final in the Champion's League last season.

They're not mugs. We should have been better, unquestionably, but it's not easy to break them down - and they'd have been in an even higher "defence mode" today being down to 10 men.

We do need to improve on breaking down stubborn defences. We should have managed 2-1 out of that. But they're a top side.
    not forgetting the simple chances Hendo and Salah fluffed when through on goal. Don’t think Chelsea’s defensive stubbornness had anything to do with those misses.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    People need to get City out of their head and thinking they going to run away with the league title.
    On that, as much as some fans have concerns about the money/strengthening side of things when it comes to our rivals, there should be more results that are helpful to us as well in terms of them taking points off each other.

There's 114 points to be won. Of those 114 points, 96 of them don't involve the games against Chelsea, Man United or Man City.

Get as many of the 96 as possible. Get what we can from the other 18 available.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    not forgetting the simple chances Hendo and Salah fluffed when through on goal. Don’t think Chelsea’s defensive stubbornness had anything to do with those misses.
    True - though I'm comfortable knowing we at least created the chances/got into positions to score. If we weren't doing that I would have concerns. There will always be games or spells where finishing isn't very clinical.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    People need to get City out of their head and thinking they going to run away with the league title. If i watch them u can see that they are beatable even when they win 8-0. City demolish sides when they win but when it is not working and they dont score 3 in 15 minuted then it is game on.

Each team play 38 games. Let us enjoy the next 35.
    They wont run away with it like they did last season but they are still favourites every season at the minute.

Their strength is there depth they dont have a big drop off in quality.

So what you’re saying is… we’re now on for 97 points