Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    They wont run away with it like they did last season but they are still favourites every season at the minute.

Their strength is there depth they dont have a big drop off in quality.
    Have a lot of players that can create and score too, they don't even need a forward.

It's quite depressing really

Damn money, ruins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    True - though I'm comfortable knowing we at least created the chances/got into positions to score. If we weren't doing that I would have concerns. There will always be games or spells where finishing isn't very clinical.
    But that’s been a problem for quite some time. We need too many chances to score and that’s the same for all our forwards. The chance to conversation rate last season was the worst in the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    yes well I do hope it's just that, and it's not a sign of some performances last season again, it felt a bit of a flashback at times..

end of the day it's just 1 game.... at least we didn't lose rather looking forward to the leeds game.
    I think last season was a freak season for most teams it was shit with no fans for everyone.

We probably would have created more if they had 11 on the pitch but we would also been pinned back abit more too.

I thought at HT we had a great chance of winning but it wasnt to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Have a lot of players that can create and score too, they don't even need a forward.

It's quite depressing really

Damn money, ruins everything.
    Thats correct they can take Grealish/Sterling out replace with Silva/Mahrez/Torres not much drop off.

Tuchel speaking shite here I mean if it was us he would say it was.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So what you’re saying is… we’re now on for 97 points
    Hahahaha how nice would that be!

If you had to pin me to a points prediction for our season I'll go 82-86. Main thing is I think it's important to beat "the rest" - Sky/BT place huge stock in the big clashes but being clinical and efficient against the likes of Norwich, Burnley and whoever else (ideally making subs to rotate a bit too) is mathematically far more important.

Hahahaha how nice would that be!

If you had to pin me to a points prediction for our season I'll go 82-86. Main thing is I think it's important to beat "the rest" - Sky/BT place huge stock in the big clashes but being clinical and efficient against the likes of Norwich, Burnley and whoever else (ideally making subs to rotate a bit too) is mathematically far more important.
    90+ points will win the league
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Teams down the years are cautious against us. When we have a top team we overcome that

The same obvious issues as last season.. We really need to get some one around the back and down the byline.. We attack from wide and come inside. obviously the width is down to our fullbacks. but they cross from 30 yards and it gets defended in the box..we try and double on the riight with Elliot but hes also left footed and comes inside.

With having no extra attacker..to replace Shaqiri or 2 extra if Origi leaves...Our players are gonna be fooked by Jan. You cant expect Mane and Salah to go another season at full pelt.
    Nice start to season. would have taken this at the start..But i have my worries. I think a few of us have as well.

On that, as much as some fans have concerns about the money/strengthening side of things when it comes to our rivals, there should be more results that are helpful to us as well in terms of them taking points off each other.

There's 114 points to be won. Of those 114 points, 96 of them don't involve the games against Chelsea, Man United or Man City.

Get as many of the 96 as possible. Get what we can from the other 18 available.
    Fair pt. We already had that result on the first week when they lost. They have 6 games against us United and Chelsea. All we have against our rivals are the 2 games. What theu do with their 36 gamed is out of our control. What we do with our 38 games is in our control. If we cant beat the lower 16 teams in at least 26 to 28 games then we are shite. But if we do then we stand a chance of winning it.