Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There aren’t. Back 5 Mo and Sadio but the later 2 had a poor day
    Didn't say they was Miller!

I'm just laughing at the fact we're back to talking about 7 again

I'm glad you've said what i've been trying to get across the whole thread though, I don't understand it personally as it's been obvious for a while.

Shows clear lack of ambition to me, but heyho
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th August 2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s the midfield that’s the concern. No goals, no creativity and we haven’t dominated a midfield yet either.
    Defence looks tight as a drum
    That's what I'm concerned about too. I really dont see us getting close with that midfield. Henderson is a year older, Thiago doesn't do what we thought/wanted him to do. Ox offers zero and Keita is inconsistent. Too early to be relying on an 18 year old.
    Theres no goals there. Like DOC said the over reliance on Salah is ridiculous, if he doesn't score there's no other player to drag us out of a situation.
    I'm concerned that Klopp thinks he'll get out of that squad what he did 2 and 3 seasons ago. Its not going to happen. For the first time in a long time I'm worried for the long term, that's why some of us are down about not freshening the squad up with some really badly needed quality not potential.

Kev, as far as I am concerned it always was 7, with the midfield my concern and Bobby’s lack of goals.
    Never ever said we were perfect, no one is.

Disappointing today. We really should have capitalised on playing against 10 men.

I didn’t think we handled the game very well emotionally. The referee had an absolute shocker, but we reacted poorly to it. We were still complaining about the corner being given, when they scored.

Fabinho didn’t look comfortable… understandably. Robertson had a game to forget. The Firmino injury probably didn’t help our game plan; I thought he was our best player when he came off.

Anyway, no excuses. I would just love us to add somebody before Tuesday to freshen things up a bit.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

how possible it is 3 mins extra time? if it was in OT it would be >5 mins

Robbo looked rusty as hell. Not much going forward and didn't have to defend much either. His sub should have happened much earlier to stretch Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    how possible it is 3 mins extra time? if it was in OT it would be >5 mins
    we'd of needed at least a hour more Joetan.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Robbo looked rusty as hell. Not much going forward and didn't have to defend much either. His sub should have happened much earlier to stretch Chelsea.
    Robertson forward play had declined but he is still a good defender and that is why Klopp put him straight back in I would have as well.

I do agree what Tees said above Origi gets stick but he was getting 5 mins here and 10 mins there he missed one chance against Burnley and then that was the end not exactly fair when other than Salah all players were misfiring.

One thing we should have done more was get Trent out on the touch line more in the second half as we were abit narrow and playing through the middle on reflection.

Matip and big verge and big alli are a championship winning combo. If they all play all season we will not be far away. The fab 4 up front. We'll let's face it even the name is an ironic joke these days. Pack the defence with big cloggers and we've no plan B to work out the conundrum. Not much height and strength going forward. Lump the ball into the box doesn't work. Play up to edge of box and let our midfield long range sharp shooters take aim doesn't work either. Time for the cavalry. Let's get Antonio off of West Amm

Furious Chelsea fans slam Anthony Taylor for his 'shameless refereeing' after he spent just TWO SECONDS checking VAR monitor before sending off Reece James... with almost 40,000 signing petitions to stop him officiating more of their games

Fucking horrible club... we need to beat Leeds when the season restarts and keep on winning.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century