Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In terms of the squad players you have to feel for Tsimikas, played a blinder last week to be dropped for Robertson who was complete dung. He hasnt even had to work to get his place back, that sends the wrong message in my opinion and its a fault of Klopps that he has favourites who play regardless of form.
    Have to wonder if Robbo isn't yet fit.
    His game seems to me to have changed completely, he doesn't seem to ever attack the byline to get crosses over.
    BBC sport today reporting "defensive masterclass" from the chavs.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Furious Chelsea fans slam Anthony Taylor for his 'shameless refereeing' after he spent just TWO SECONDS checking VAR monitor before sending off Reece James... with almost 40,000 signing petitions to stop him officiating more of their games

Fucking horrible club... we need to beat Leeds when the season restarts and keep on winning.

Let’s be honest - that penalty and a Red… Penalty for sure, but a red card too? Yes it may be in the rules BUT we would be going ape had that happened to us at the Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Robertson forward play had declined but he is still a good defender and that is why Klopp put him straight back in I would have as well.

I do agree what Tees said above Origi gets stick but he was getting 5 mins here and 10 mins there he missed one chance against Burnley and then that was the end not exactly fair when other than Salah all players were misfiring.

One thing we should have done more was get Trent out on the touch line more in the second half as we were abit narrow and playing through the middle on reflection.
    Its our over all play against teams that set out like Chelsea did thats the issue. and has been for a long while. Looking at them 3 fixtures doesnt matter who we play.They make look easy on paper. They wont be. But am sure if we lose 2 and draw the other. you'll be pleased about that. because everything in the garden is rosy..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In terms of the squad players you have to feel for Tsimikas, played a blinder last week to be dropped for Robertson who was complete dung. He hasnt even had to work to get his place back, that sends the wrong message in my opinion and its a fault of Klopps that he has favourites who play regardless of form.
    I am loathed to say anything against our Jurgen but this is 100% spot on. What is the point in working in training and then taking your chance if it is for nought?

I know many don’t believe Origi is good enough and he certainly hasn’t been for a while BUT how different that may have been had he not been given similar treatment to Tsimikas?

It crushes your confidence surely.

Also Elliott looks the business for sure BUT he goes in ahead of Keita or Thiago..? V Chelsea..?

Big worry for me. Klopp putting a brave face on things but he ain’t fooling anyone - he isn’t happy.

I'm all for Elliot playing, but at the end of the day he needs end product and that goes for any attacker. sure hes only 18 but we need wins and thats all that counts. To be fair to the lad hes played well so far though. To me the issues are not the midfield its the wide area and the number 9 role. when you have players like Jota and Firmino dropping off and running here and there, you never have player keeping the centre backs busy. They just remain in place and dont rush out to allow space between them. (not blowing my own trumpet) But i did say prior to the game. Chelsea will sit in thats why i said we need players in the box. not players running off the top to link up play.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its our over all play against teams that set out like Chelsea did thats the issue. and has been for a long while. Looking at them 3 fixtures doesnt matter who we play.They make look easy on paper. They wont be. But am sure if we lose 2 and draw the other. you'll be pleased about that. because everything in the garden is rosy..
    What other 3 games ive not mentioned them.

We dont actually struggle that much against low blocks its a myth check out the last 3 seasons even last season we won the last 7-8 games.

Teams are going to play that way against us especially at Anfield and City/Chelsea/United will have teams do it to them too.

Im happy with 7 points from 3 games and I bet most fans are.

Are we in top gear ? No we arent that is true.

I already stated last night that the top 2 will be City/Chelsea so it depends on what you expect us to do.

If they keep chucking £100m plus per summer its pretty obvious we are going to fall behind them and we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Let’s be honest - that penalty and a Red… Penalty for sure, but a red card too? Yes it may be in the rules BUT we would be going ape had that happened to us at the Bridge.
    The rules are the rules he was denying a clear scoring opportunity. To me it wasnt the ball hitting the thigh then onto the arm that was the issue. It was the second movement of the arm that pushed the ball forwards away from the goal that was the main problem for Reece James.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    What other 3 games ive not mentioned them.

We dont actually struggle that much against low blocks its a myth check out the last 3 seasons even last season we won the last 7-8 games.

Teams are going to play that way against us especially at Anfield and City/Chelsea/United will have teams do it to them too.

Im happy with 7 points from 3 games and I bet most fans are.

Are we in top gear ? No we arent that is true.

I already stated last night that the top 2 will be City/Chelsea so it depends on what you expect us to do.

If they keep chucking £100m plus per summer its pretty obvious we are going to fall behind them and we are doing.
    Ooops sorry was replying to Sid . musta clicked on your reply

Think we all want Elliot to get games - just thought against Chelsea to throw him in means he has no better options. Surely you protect him a little for a game like that? No slight on Elliott just a big worry from me on the state of our midfield now Gini has gone. It was always an engine room at best - seems we have lost a few cylinders. Just like last season losing Lovren and no replacement it seems painful lessons haven’t been learned.