Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The rules are the rules he was denying a clear scoring opportunity. To me it wasnt the ball hitting the thigh then onto the arm that was the issue. It was the second movement of the arm that pushed the ball forwards away from the goal that was the main problem for Reece James.
    I agree - technically no choice for the ref - just saying that plenty of us would be going as nuts as many of the Chelsea fans are.

There's no way Havertz meant to score. It was a bloody fluke goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I am loathed to say anything against our Jurgen but this is 100% spot on. What is the point in working in training and then taking your chance if it is for nought?

I know many don’t believe Origi is good enough and he certainly hasn’t been for a while BUT how different that may have been had he not been given similar treatment to Tsimikas?

It crushes your confidence surely.
    Add Minamino to the list too. Klopp out!

On a serious note, he claims we have squad depth, but not utilising all our players. Sure, we don’t see what goes on during training and I think match day performances mean a lot more to me and the players than how “great they trained”

Nothing else he can say really and squad depth means nothing.. it’s the quality of the depth more than the number of feet!

See what I did there?

You won’t see Klopp in a million years come out and bemoan a lack of options. He knew what the game was before he came here.

Klopp likes players who can play different positions.. But the likes of Minamino Oxlade and Jones. can't play wide of a 3 on either side. Minamino to this day i cant work out his position,. Similar to Lallana in that aspect. I never knew what roll he actually played.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Robertson forward play had declined but he is still a good defender and that is why Klopp put him straight back in I would have as well.

One thing we should have done more was get Trent out on the touch line more in the second half as we were abit narrow and playing through the middle on reflection.
    But that's exactly what I'm saying, robbos attacking play was poor last season and he's rusty currently.
    We didn't have to defend much vs 10 so in the same way you say getting trent on the touchline, Tsimikas could have come on earlier to do the same. He's shown that his attacking play is superior to robbo.

Was there even a point at bringing him on with 4? Mins to go

TBF looking back at the game we found it hard to break down a well drilled defence that had 11 men but then the sending off put 10 men behind the ball. The sending off actually helped them more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF looking back at the game we found it hard to break down a well drilled defence that had 11 men but then the sending off put 10 men behind the ball. The sending off actually helped them more than us.
    Did it though?

Could of lost the game for all you know, chelsea wasn't exactly playing shit before the sending off, lukaku had the better of matip, i suggest people re-watch it if they think anything different, before chelsea went to 10 men.

Chelseas midfield was obviously a level above ours, until the sending off and subs.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th August 2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Did it though?

Could of lost the game for all you know, chelsea wasn't exactly playing shit before the sending off, lukaku had the better of matip, i suggest people re-watch it if they think anything different, before chelsea went to 10 men.

Chelseas midfield was obviously a level above ours, until the sending off and subs.
    I thought we were unlucky to go 1-0 down, we deserved the equaliser. As for the Chelsea midfield, having Jorginho and Kante who are both on huge highs helps being good😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    But that's exactly what I'm saying, robbos attacking play was poor last season and he's rusty currently.
    We didn't have to defend much vs 10 so in the same way you say getting trent on the touchline, Tsimikas could have come on earlier to do the same. He's shown that his attacking play is superior to robbo.

Was there even a point at bringing him on with 4? Mins to go
    I know you were but I am saying against one of the best teams I would go with the better defender and that is Robbo imo.

I agree Tsimikas could have come om after say 70-75 mins.

My only explanation is Klopp didnt want us to get sucker punched as they still had a few dangerous breaks.