Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The ban would finish on Tuesday so our lads would be available for Milan.
    Correct I was thinking we play Tuesday but what happens next time when we have a CL game on the Tuesday they will miss that.

The solution is simple just play the South American games in Europe as they are all BCD games and most players play in Europe it’s so bloody obvious.

So....Leeds would be without Raphinha.

City would have a couple missing against Leicester as well.

As big a problem as this could potentially be for us, with a little luck it may not work out terribly.

Legal challenges are bound to occur anyway, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    So....Leeds would be without Raphinha.

City would have a couple missing against Leicester as well.

As big a problem as this could potentially be for us, with a little luck it may not work out terribly.

Legal challenges are bound to occur anyway, yes?
    It is a big problem for us as each break we miss three first teamers and thats before other players getting injured.

We should not accept it last time I checked we paid for these players Brazil didnt, its an old fashioned rule anyway and as ive said it brings ESL closer again.

I dont think we should take any team lightly and if this works what is to stop say Senegal or Egypt doing the same next time ?

There has been 4 Copa Americas in the last 6 years perhaps they need to think about that as well the pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Times saying just that. No Alisson - Fabinho or Firmino..

No Brazil players can be selected for 5 days after returning home - directive from the wonderful FIFA
    Oh well still better than the 10 day quarantine period on return to the UK. If that's all FIFA have got then there'll be no incentive to release any of our players next time either

It doesn't make sense to me.
    The argie players were banned because they had been in UK...so they needed to quarantine there too??

Also those players are just as likely to catch covid in the UK anyway, so what's the big deal? It's not as if uk have low covid cases like some countries.

FIFA care about money, players are just tools for them.

Those games should be postponed to end of season or when the pandemic is getting better.

.....................Kelleher

Trent......Konate....Van Dijk...Robertson

....................Henderson

..............Thiago.........Ox

Salah..........Jota.........Mane

Wonder if we might see something like this - no Brazilians, caution taken with Elliott after his injury scare and a rotation at centre-back to preserve Matip. I don't think aiming to play Matip for every game in the run-up to the Man City match (one of the matches I'd most like him to be available for of the whole season) would be ideal.

I'd play Matip and then rest him in Europe. The midfield is a tough one. Thiago has looked well off the pace but at the same time I'd be loathe to see Ox and Keita in the same team.

Matip has had a rest as he doesn’t play International football. Wouldn’t leave him out on Sunday.

Leeds won't have Raphinha either

Shouldn't be too much of a struggle still.