Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 22 or is it 23 Qualifiers

ROI 1-1 Azerbaijan

Just watched this match (God knows why) I did not realise just how bad ROI actually are. Nowhere near as good as Norn Oireland who looked as good as I have ever seen them in their 4-1 midweek win.
    That must be ROI’s weakest group of players in my long lifetime. No win in 15 competitive games.
    Jebus wept

Scotland leading one-nil last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    ROI 1-1 Azerbaijan

Just watched this match (God knows why) I did not realise just how bad ROI actually are
    The one comfort I get from this is the thought that Pagliuca might be in a comfortable leather chair with a glass of red wine having a wry smile at Ireland's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The one comfort I get from this is the thought that Pagliuca might be in a comfortable leather chair with a glass of red wine having a wry smile at Ireland's expense.
    Why would that give any comfort

ROI 1-1 Azerbaijan

Just watched this match (God knows why) I did not realise just how bad ROI actually are. Nowhere near as good as Norn Oireland who looked as good as I have ever seen them in their 4-1 midweek win.
    That must be ROI’s weakest group of players in my long lifetime. No win in 15 competitive games.
    Jebus wept
    Rice and Grealish would've made a difference 🤣🤣

ROI 1-1 Azerbaijan

Jebus wept
    And that was a decent second half compared to some of the stuff we’ve had to watch. But when you look at the players available it’s not hard to see why we are so far away now. Long long way back.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Rice and Grealish would've made a difference 🤣🤣
    I’d say they saw what was coming through for Ireland and made the choice that would benefit them. I was surprised rice got so much time for England though I must admit at the euros. Seems to have grabbed that spot in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Why would that give any comfort
    Historically we're big Italy supporters in my family and we always felt that one of the best keepers to play the game must have despised the Nature of his concession to Ray Houghton in '94.

I'd obviously love the Republic of Ireland to be better than the abhorrent lack of talent they currently have, but that seems some way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Historically we're big Italy supporters in my family and we always felt that one of the best keepers to play the game must have despised the Nature of his concession to Ray Houghton in '94.

I'd obviously love the Republic of Ireland to be better than the abhorrent lack of talent they currently have, but that seems some way off.
    Ah right. Yeah I’ve a soft spot for the Italian national team myself. Don’t even know why. We had a nice Liverpool connection in that 94 squad though. I still think ray mishit that shot but they all count!

Trent had been selected on the right of midfield today, with Bellingham on the left, Hendo in the middle.
    I do like the look of Bellingham, hope we’re already talking to him.