Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 22 or is it 23 Qualifiers

As harsh as it sounds what is the point of small of these countries in qualifying ???

I dont watch these sort of games but my concern is our players getting injured in a pointless game i hope Trent/Hendo are out the next game.

International break involves me checking if our players are ok nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    As harsh as it sounds what is the point of small of these countries in qualifying ???
    The chance of timeless memories for their fans seems a big'un - especially given that big moments are so much more rare for these sides.

Even the fact that I can say "Houghton 1994" and it instantly conjures memories in people despite it being 27 years ago is sign of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The chance of timeless memories for their fans seems a big'un - especially given that big moments are so much more rare for these sides.

Even the fact that I can say "Houghton 1994" and it instantly conjures memories in people despite it being 27 years ago is sign of that.
    Thing is there is no memories they stick 11 behind the ball and accept a 4-6 goal beating.

ROI are better than these sorts of sides to be fair I know they are having a bad spell but they dont get smashed 6-0 they fight/compete at least.

4 Argentina players taken off pitch v Brazil.

All EPL players saying not quarantined but I guess that makes Alisson/Fabinho available now.

Is it a bit of tit for tat with the uk government. How has this arisen?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is it a bit of tit for tat with the uk government. How has this arisen?
    Brazil are saying they told Argentina not to select the EPL players.

Play the games in Europe that is the obvious soultion but this tit in charge of FIFA has said nowt.

Also Keita game is off tomorrow apparently people trying to force the president out.

Looks like another coup d'etat. Military have taken control.

Might be a while before Naby is allowed out of the country. Borders said to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Might be a while before Naby is allowed out of the country. Borders said to be closed.
    The boy has no luck since he joined, injured, injured on international duty and now possibly caught up in a coup

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Not all bad then. 😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Not all bad then. ����

The best jokes always hold an element of truth.

We have all done it, bought something or met someone we wished we hadn't.

Sadly Keita has been a bad omen from the minute he was signed.

Always felt it was dumb AF to buy a player a year before he came. Then when I learned he hadn't even bothered to learn the langauge in the year before he arrived I felt like I knew what to expect.

Bought in Summer 2017 - arrived summer 2018. and Klopp said this on October 1st 2019... more than 2 years after we signed him!!!

“It’s good now, much better,” said the Reds boss of the player’s integration.

“The last talk I had with him was in English and it looked like he understood what I said. That is a big step. He is here long enough now.

As close to an open diss of a player to the media as you will see from our Jurgen.

It seems crazy to still be waiting but I guess that is all we can do - wait and hope he finally comes good.... EDIT: Back..
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th September 2021 at 09:17 AM.