Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match goers v tv / armchair watchers

Match goers v tv / armchair watchers

Cat amongst the pigeons here.
    This forum seems overwhelmed by pessimistic doom mongerers paranoid about lack of squad strength, new signings etc. Also seem to think we are a one trick team unable to break down teams.
    Last season having to cope with so many variations to our defence/ midfield it had to have an effect on our attacking play. This season we are , gently, reintroducing our big defensive guns, at the same time , gently re- gelling our wide options.
    Some “ fans” are being massively critical……..I don’t hear that at the match ( apart from the usual moan ) is tv showing the true picture? Are these criticisers doing so as a result of what they see or hear on tv ?
    Serious question but watching the game live and then a replay on tv seems like 2 different games.
    Yes improvement can always be made , Jurgen would be the first to say so. But fk we are are a brilliant exciting team to watch. Would help if we had an impartial ref.

whooo - playing the "real fan" versus the non-real fan. Been done to death on this forum and many others. It's trite and not really relevant to todays football teams (clue: reliant on tv and merch. revenue, global sponsorship deals, and less on Anfield faithful).

In the forward and midfield department we sorely lack a player who with the ability to go either way, take on players and beat them, Chiesa would have been ideal, we have too many very one footed players that make it easier for PTB teams to defend against, that's sadly just a fact, also in the entirety of Jurgen's reign to date, we've never been any good at passing through teams, we haven't won a single thing doing that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Cat amongst the pigeons here.
    This forum seems overwhelmed by pessimistic doom mongerers paranoid about lack of squad strength, new signings etc. Also seem to think we are a one trick team unable to break down teams.
    Last season having to cope with so many variations to our defence/ midfield it had to have an effect on our attacking play. This season we are , gently, reintroducing our big defensive guns, at the same time , gently re- gelling our wide options.
    Some “ fans” are being massively critical……..I don’t hear that at the match ( apart from the usual moan ) is tv showing the true picture? Are these criticisers doing so as a result of what they see or hear on tv ?
    Serious question but watching the game live and then a replay on tv seems like 2 different games.
    Yes improvement can always be made , Jurgen would be the first to say so. But fk we are are a brilliant exciting team to watch. Would help if we had an impartial ref.
    Shut up, ya big girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Shut up, ya big girl.
    Agreed.....

New forum rules.

Your comments / opinions aren’t valid / welcome unless..

A) You go to the game and are a ‘TOP RED’

B) You love everything about FSG.

Obviously option B ignores;

Sacking Kenny
    Hiring Owen as a club ambassador
    Trying to trademark ‘Liverpool’ ‘6 times’ and ‘Alez, alez, alez’
    Hiking ticket prices (public apology)
    Furloughing staff (public apology)
    The big power grab
    The super league (public apology)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Shut up, ya big girl.
    So very witty you knob

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    whooo - playing the "real fan" versus the non-real fan. Been done to death on this forum and many others. It's trite and not really relevant to todays football teams (clue: reliant on tv and merch. revenue, global sponsorship deals, and less on Anfield faithful).
    ?….where have I mentioned about real fans, I was comparing watching the match live, to on tv.Didn’t mention about teams as such simply the perception of the game live compared to on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    New forum rules.

Your comments / opinions aren’t valid / welcome unless..

A) You go to the game and are a ‘TOP RED’

B) You love everything about FSG.
    Doesn’t your mind work in the most bizarre way. Another knob.
    If it has done anything useful my post has brought together a nice neat list of some of the moaning miserable buggers on this forum, I exclude 19x as at least his comments have relevance