Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match goers v tv / armchair watchers

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think when you’re at the match unless it’s a really poor performance you are wrapped up in the urge to support the team whereas at home your on the forum chatting while watching and the negatives tend to over shadow the positives unless it’s an outstanding performance. Like we were ok last weekend. Probably should have won the game. The negativity IMO stems from the fear of slipping down the table while apparently not doing much to prevent that happening. In reality it’s all just opinion and guess work. Jurgen and the team have proven doubters wrong time and again. I don’t think too much can be read into it. Most forums are heavily negative while discussing their own team in my experience.
    Pretty much agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Huyrob, how do you watch away matches ?
    Go to as many as I can but probably only about 6 a season. Watch the rest on tv with the sound off.

Whenever I go to the game, I always (and always have) make sure I record the game if on live or at least catch the highlights because as eggy said, you get swept up in the whole event when you are at the ground. You feel part of it, you are totally plugged in to the whole get behind the team, whatever is going on, on the pitch.
    I prefer to see the game again in the cold light of day on the tv as you miss so much watching live at the stadium.

How often did a certain Frenchman say,”I didn’t zee it.” ? When questioned on a specific event during the game.
    It wasn’t always avoiding the question, he often hadn’t zeen it.

But if you want to be taken seriously huyrob, I suggest you tone down the bragging about money, tickets etc and lose the general supercilious attitude.
    If not, carry on, there’s always one or two who will take you on just to be contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    But if you want to be taken seriously huyrob, I suggest you tone down the bragging about money, tickets etc and lose the general supercilious attitude.
    If not, carry on, there’s always one or two who will take you on just to be contrary.
    Think it was one post that really got under your skin. Hope you’re over it and I won’t dwell on it.
    The thought that anybody will take me seriously fills me with eternal optimism, well at least the bit that wasn’t full anyway!

Even more worrying you think it’s about one post rather than your whole demeanour.

Even more worrying you think it’s about one post rather than your whole demeanour.
    I think you’re being a bit harsh there, Miller. Maybe it’s a personality clash..
    People say some nasty things on here and huyrob doesn’t seem to be one of them. Maybe you're rubbed up the wrong way by his writing style

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think you’re being a bit harsh there, Miller. Maybe it’s a personality clash..
    People say some nasty things on here and huyrob doesn’t seem to be one of them. Maybe you're rubbed up the wrong way by his writing style
    Maybe he's rubbing you the right way that you're his personal solicitor on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Maybe he's rubbing you the right way that you're his personal solicitor on the forum
    Not quite sure I follow you here ..will you explain please ?

What’s more concerning is that one post seems to have cemented your own demeanour. People say scousers ( I’m one ) have a real chip on their shoulder and won’t let things in the past settle in to the past. I have always challenged this sleight on my fellow scousers, there are some however that fall in to this category. I rest my case m’lud.
    Ps. This is not a supercilious comment, I refer to an area of Merseyside and others perception of the inhabitants of Merseyside or Scousers. I am one so I cannot be supercilious to myself…….can I.?
    Last edited by huyrob; 1st September 2021 at 08:57 PM. Reason: For clarification