Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Match goers v tv / armchair watchers

Huyrob, i removed you from ignore two days ago. it seems after you returned from a 12 year hiatus. Seems mostly all the chat has been about you. Just wondered why that is?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Huyrob, i removed you from ignore two days ago. it seems after you returned from a 12 year hiatus. Seems mostly all the chat has been about you. Just wondered why that is?
    Thanks for re-instating me.
    You may have missed my earlier post after we fell out and you took a sabbatical. I said that I hoped you would return soon and I’d be the first to welcome you back. You returned and I was.
    So far as all of the chat being about me ..can’t really comment about that without appearing a tad supercilious ��

Anyway…. If Chelsea get a fine for failing to control their players, is a fine appropriate. Is the fine based on a clubs turnover/ profit? Drink driving fine is largely based on the perpetrators income. Should first offence be a fine and second a one point deduction. Just trying to get back to meaningful discourse rather than petty arguments.
    Last edited by huyrob; 1st September 2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Maybe he's rubbing you the right way that you're his personal solicitor on the forum
    Aah I get it now ..doh. I’ve been told I’m daft previously, just thought you’d sussed my profession!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Maybe he's rubbing you the right way that you're his personal solicitor on the forum
    Maybe you’re right

The plot thickens..

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Cat amongst the pigeons here.
    This forum seems overwhelmed by pessimistic doom mongerers paranoid about lack of squad strength, new signings etc. Also seem to think we are a one trick team unable to break down teams.
    Last season having to cope with so many variations to our defence/ midfield it had to have an effect on our attacking play. This season we are , gently, reintroducing our big defensive guns, at the same time , gently re- gelling our wide options.
    Some “ fans” are being massively critical……..I don’t hear that at the match ( apart from the usual moan ) is tv showing the true picture? Are these criticisers doing so as a result of what they see or hear on tv ?
    Serious question but watching the game live and then a replay on tv seems like 2 different games.
    Yes improvement can always be made , Jurgen would be the first to say so. But fk we are are a brilliant exciting team to watch. Would help if we had an impartial ref.
    There has been little tactical flexibility on Jurgens part, even when all were fit and available.
    Obviousmely we have had great success with our setup but it would be nice to see him switch it up a little in games tactically.

Would have liked to have seen one further addition to the team/squad for one of the two positions most people had identified. A Gini replacement or an attacker.

Happy to see youth given its chance all the same, that could be complimented by some bolstering though.

I'd suggest there might actumally be some difference between online interactions and irl ones.
    Similarly people might behave differently in different settings. I feelz this has been documented b4 on ze forum and in the wider study of man.

Personally, I wouldn't really be comfurtable going to matches or sitting on an arm chair.

I prefer to stand in a field with my laptop 50 yards away so I can get a better perspective of the whole pitch.

I often take in a game from a hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Satan designed hammocks.

You wake up thinking grand my toes aren't asleep, but you don't realise that your calves are goosed.

I can see the merit in the dark lards madness all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Whilst a poor aid explains the match while I close my eyes.
    Life can be simple at times.