Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Daily Mirror says we are "leading the race" for Bellingham. #nailedon.
    I've seen those rumours too, so Tchouameni in January then Bellingham in the summer, perfect, midfield nailed down for over a decade, it's not the 3 of them, but 2 is a pretty good effort
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Anyway, long+short of it is that this thread will give me a place where I can quickly list/update some of the appearances of our midfielders this season every few games and by the end of the season we'll likely have one source of (rudimentary) data as to how much/little Wijnaldum needs "replacing" in the side come the end of the season, or whether we were "fine" without him.
    Okay, so here is where we were on November 27th (League and Champion's League appearances I believe, as domestic Cup runs fluctuate so much each season) -

Fabinho - 14
    Thiago - 10
    Milner - 7
    Keita - 9
    Henderson - 17
    Ox - 12
    C. Jones - 7
    Elliott - 4
    Morton - 2

So if we add the appearances made since then (for those competitions) we get to (assuming I have it right - we can check at the end of the season -

Fabinho - 29
    Thiago - 21
    Milner - 21
    Keita - 20
    Henderson - 29
    Ox - 19
    C. Jones - 14
    Elliott - 6
    Morton - 4

I'm sure one or two will point to dropped points from winning positions, but personally I find the idea of placing so much emphasis on one single player, versus the shared load (hehe, gang-bang jokes) aspect a touch flawed.

So far we're actually coping not-too-badly at all, given that we are in with a shot at the two major trophies, won the League Cup and are in the FA Cup quarter-finals.

The appropriate incoming midfield transfer in the Summer, coupled with further development of the likes of Elliott and Jones and we should be looking quite healthy in what is arguably our "weakest" area of the pitch due to injury issues.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Have we got.....Touchey-Feely....yet?

I got all excited when I saw this thread was top of the heap and for a brief moment thought that the wise prophet Nineteenx had been proven correct once again.

No?

So no.....Touchey-Feely?

Goddamnit!!!!
    Bollox it all to hell!!!
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I expect any two of Touchyfeely, Gravenberch or Bellingham in the summer

Notable difference in the amount of time and space afforded to bacon face in midfield in both games this season so far, not sure what either of our 2 deeper mids, Thiago or Fab were doing, maybe Jurgen can give them Gini's No to ask for some help and advice before Saturday