Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Your team v Man City

What a match that was! Now for the weekend and the biggest of the season.

......................Alisson

Trent......Matip.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson..........Keita

.......Mane.........Firmino..........Diaz

Salah shout may raise eyebrows. Don't particularly care. Hopefully no concussion for Fabinho.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

This is a really tough call on Keita or Thiago but it's the front 3 that's the toughest call, the only name in that front 3 that is immediately on the list to start for me is Diaz, his movement, his link up with Robbo, that he's exactly the type of forward who gives Walker and City's RCB real problems because he has that trickery, turn of pace, ability to go either way and cycles through outside and inside positions

Then what? Bobby for his marauding back getting a foot in to poke it to one of ours to look to release either other forward or full back and additional ability and threat at set pieces at both ends, or Jota who provides less of that but is more fox in the box? As I think stopping City's triangle of Rodri and their 2 Cb's being their platform and making De Bruyne and their other mid have to drop looking to provide an option is really important I'd go Bobby

Mo, tough one, we play better, our patterns are better and his runs make space for Trent and Hendo to put balls in or play switches for other players on our left or inside left and although he's had a tough time of late, he remains incredibly important and always has goals in him, I'm going for Mo

Midfield, I'm going Thiago, but under strict LCM controller, letting Robbo burst past you for counters as Robbo going past the LCM controller to be found by switches from Trent has been a strong feature of our successes against City, no fucking fancy Dan or over cocky sloppy nonsense, play it quickly, work it into different areas, use your range and passing brilliance more directly, to release players in behind or find them in space on the flanks

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Diaz

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's a tough one, Salah not starting is an option, he was killing us tonight

I'd be inclined to start with

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fab
    Keita Firmino Diaz
    Jota

But Klopps subbed off both with Thiago
    So more likely, a Klopp team looks like this

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fab Thiago(maybe Keita)
    Salah Jota/Bobby? Mane
    Last edited by CCTV; 5th April 2022 at 10:31 PM.

Got to be a front 3 for me CCTV no doubt whatsoever, Diaz making his outside in and inside out runs in those areas that Walker and all their RCBs are so susceptible and his relentless pressing, you want him looking to be making outside in runs off the back of Walker and at times looking to run off the back of their RCB too, to be found with balls like Trent found him with tonight, not deeper in the 3 of a 4231

A word on Ederson, megs the fucker if you're through and he comes rushing out, he always comes out legs wide apart, look to either corner then poke it through his legs or past either standing foot, be sure to take your chance early, that's the best way to do him one v one, where he's weakest

Salah's a passenger and we cant afford any in the biggest game in yrs. Thiago a 50/50 call too with those dangerous loss of possession. Jota deserves his chance so Salah can sit on the bench and hopefully get back to form against benfica on wed.

A bit of kidology in the pressing of their 3 of Rodri and their 2 CBs and Cancelo wouldn't go amiss, it was very noticeable and evident in the performances of both Spurs and Palace in their games against City

They didn't let them pass to Rodri easy or to either LCM or RCM, made the full backs have to try and make an option or their CMs retreat to, but what both did as well as stopping them playing their triangle was to surprise City's CBs with sporadic rapid pressing by letting them have it without really pressing them but restricting their options, so they got complacent about having it easy not being pressed, to suddenly rapidly pressing them

I don't think there's enough kidology or cuteness in the pressing and counter pressing sometimes, not just from us, but in general, being placed to rapid press if a ball is slightly misplaced, under hit or heavy and the 'no look' of pressing, pretending not to be interested, pretending not to see or be aware of a player you are, until they try and pass to them, then whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Got to be a front 3 for me CCTV no doubt whatsoever, Diaz making his outside in and inside out runs in those areas that Walker and all their RCBs are so susceptible and his relentless pressing, you want him looking to be making outside in runs off the back of Walker and at times looking to run off the back of their RCB too, to be found with balls like Trent found him with tonight, not deeper in the 3 of a 4231

A word on Ederson, megs the fucker if you're through and he comes rushing out, he always comes out legs wide apart, look to either corner then poke it through his legs or past either standing foot, be sure to take your chance early, that's the best way to do him one v one, where he's weakest
    6+2*8s=22
    2*6s+10=22

That's the important difference between the 2 setups.

That difference won't stop trent from hitting a lwf, wouldn't stop him hitting Robbo in a lwf position.

I think we'll start with the front 3 of Salah Firmino and Mane and play very compact.. Ie Firmino will help out in midfield. when the game becomes stretched in the second half we'll bring on Diaz and Jota.. Not sure who starts between Keita or Thiago. I think its likely to be Keita and then Thiago will come on to control the game later on
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think we'll start with the front 3 of Salah Firmino and Mane
    I foresee Klopp picking that trio too as it is tried-and-tested over these last few years and all three will know their roles.

I'm personally just divided as to whether or not it's what I want to see. With the disruption to their back line I think throwing the unexpected at them may be a better call, but to be fair Jota and Diaz are wonderful bench options.

I think he picks Thiago as well though I think Keita's overall game might be a better fit for Man City.

Excited anyway! Hope we recover, refresh and prepare well.

I will be shocked if we see anything other than

Allison
    TTA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
    Henderson - Fabinho - Thiago
    Salah - Jota - Mane
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side