Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    All tongue in cheek but Haaland would be the replacement for Salah’s goals
    Defo shame about his agent and demands !!

Haaland will end up at Madrid. the money they were willing to shell out Mbappe will go for that transfer. They will end up with Mbappe and Haaland in the same 11.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Haaland will end up at Madrid. the money they were willing to shell out Mbappe will go for that transfer. They will end up with Mbappe and Haaland in the same 11.
    How can they still afford the top players when only 3 or 4 months ago Perez stated they can only survive as long as the super league is formed ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How can they still afford the top players when only 3 or 4 months ago Perez stated they can only survive as long as the super league is formed ?
    No idea, another 150 million spare change found down back of the sofa no doubt. Pep "we have no money".oops heres 100 million we found laying on the kitchen table.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Bissouma still looks the best Gini replacement
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    They get their info from me
    Is Tim Dillon one of your super sources ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4d8jWOOaCI

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Their net spend is fairly low over the last 6 seasons or so, lower than ours.

They've moved out a few big earners in recent years, Ronny, Ramos, Varane and Bales contract is up at the end of this season.

Essentially they could add both for 70 mill with Mbop on a free, then it's paying those wages. Which their budget should be able to afford.

Down to just 7 midfielders now for the season.
    Well played, FSG.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Thiago's going to fil the Gini role, how he played it today was very different to how Gini did, but, and I know it's still early days, but Thiago's different was better for me, far more creative, better passing and 2 of the 3 times he made expertly timed runs from LCM into the box he scored one, but Mo was offside in the build up and set Mane up for our third
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Just being pedantic here (sorry) but isn't it the case you could be looking at 51 divided by 6 rather than 8?
    Two of the midfielders are already on the pitch, as we usually have three in midfield.
    The other option is to look at 51 (games) x 3 (midfield positions) / 8 (midfield players available) giving 153 / 8 = 19 games per player.
    Obviously, some players will start more often than others.
    Interesting subject, Sid. Let's hope Jürgen and the coaching staff know what they're doing.
    I understand what you're saying and there's certainly a case for seeing it through that lens.

With a major injury to a player we'll see things pan out. Whilst a squad is always there to cover injuries and injury risk, I think there's a very finite amount of influence you can have over lengthy spells out.