Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

Well, if Bellingham does want to come to Anfield, looks like he'll have to run his contract with Dortmund down, they've apparently slapped and 101m price tag on him, his contract expires in 2023, so pre contract agreement in January 2023

How Dortmund act could well end up putting the most talented young players off making their way the German route, unless the clubs they join are willing to commit to sensible release clauses - It is starting to leave these players with only the choice of one or two clubs for a move to the Premier League, that aren't the best suitors for their talents, but can afford to pay the silly money the German clubs are trying to make off them - Looks what's happened to Sancho
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Asking for £100m and getting it are two different things.

I see Dortmund selling Haaland next summer but keeping Bellingham.

He is only 18-19 no need to rush a move he is playing week in week out for a big club who play CL football he has what he needs for now.

Sancho has basically been binned for "CR7" its a gross error of judgment by United and it makes me wonder did Sancho know they would sign the ego ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

He is only 18-19 no need to rush a move he is playing week in week out for a big club who play CL football he has what he needs for now.

Sancho has basically been binned for "CR7" its a gross error of judgment by United and it makes me wonder did Sancho know they would sign the ego ??!!
    I don't think Utd were planning on signing him. I really think that they stepped in to stop City getting him. Ronaldo played it well. It's a knee jerk signing
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

They paid a minimum of £25m for him when he was unknown. Now he’s a regular starter in the bundesliga and champions league putting on weekly MOTM performances.

Think they might struggle to get £100m for him but I’d imagine he’s priced at that because they don’t want to sell him. Could turn out to be a world beater or could be the next Dele Ali.

Exactly mate people keep saying he is out of contract 2023 is that right ?

If he is then they not get £100m with 12 months left.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    They paid a minimum of £25m for him when he was unknown. Now he’s a regular starter in the bundesliga and champions league putting on weekly MOTM performances.

Think they might struggle to get £100m for him but I’d imagine he’s priced at that because they don’t want to sell him. Could turn out to be a world beater or could be the next Dele Ali.
    He wasn't unknown at all 2 or 3 top Premier League clubs wanted to sign him, just needs to do himself a favour and not put pen to contract on a new deal with Dortmund

Bellingham and Gravenberch would be 2 absolutely brilliant signings for our ageing and depleted midfield, both in terms of quality and longevity, the filthy sniffing around both as ever, you've got to ask though, even though Van Der Sar will no doubt be trying to steer Gravenberch towards the filthy if it looks like he's set to leave, why THE FUCK would any young aspiring player want to join the filthy if they want to challenge for top honours and aren't just moving for money? Blind, Depay, Van Der Beek (all signed from Ajax) and now Sanchez should all serve as a collective of incredibly cautionary tales and advertisement of why the fuck NOT to sign for the filthy when you have the best years of your career ahead of you, Greenwood and Rashford are an advertisement of why not to stay there and waste the best years of your career

I'd be more than happy to see us wax the summer budget on Bellingham. Hes the real deal.

Agree about Sancho. I'll bet he's gutted, kinda feel sorry for him. He would have been a better fit at Liverpool but we were never signing him for what was going to be needed money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree about Sancho. I'll bet he's gutted, kinda feel sorry for him. He would have been a better fit at Liverpool but we were never signing him for what was going to be needed money wise.
    If you're going to pay top top wedge for another forward to come here, you go for a Chiesa not a Sancho, if you're going to pay top top wedge for a couple of generational talent midfielders you go for Bellingham and Gravenberch

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If you're going to pay top top wedge for another forward to come here, you go for a Chiesa not a Sancho, if you're going to pay top top wedge for a couple of generational talent midfielders you go for Bellingham and Gravenberch
    If the price had been right I think we would have been interested. I was surprised he went to Utd after it fell through but it really looked like they were the only club serious about him. It was the only option he had and right now looks a bad decision. Early days though.