Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

I cannot emphasise enough that it's very early days and that we should take nothing for granted but to be 13.16% of the way through the League season and having won our only Champion's League game plus the likelihood of being top of the League after this round of fixtures, we're coping not-so-bad thus far without Gini.

Long, long way to go and the Elliott injury was a more-than-unfortunate thing, but if there's any silver lining to be had there, it may have opened a slight door for Ox and Jones.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Let’s comment when we’ve played some top 6 teams (10 man Chelsea excluded).

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Let’s comment when we’ve played some top 6 teams (10 man Chelsea excluded).
    Any comments I'll be making in this particular thread will be within the context of the OP to be fair, which is quite specific, as I admittedly expected there to be very little in the way of comment in this thread.

Fingers crossed Thiago (Wijnaldum replacement 1) isn’t out for too long as it looks like Elliott (Wijnaldum replacement 2) will miss most of the season.

Hopefully Ox (Wijnaldum replacement 3) can stay fit if we need to call on him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Fingers crossed Thiago (Wijnaldum replacement 1) isn’t out for too long as it looks like Elliott (Wijnaldum replacement 2) will miss most of the season.

Hopefully Ox (Wijnaldum replacement 3) can stay fit if we need to call on him.
    Hopefully

I'm really hoping Jones can step up a bit this season during such times that there are (unfortunate) losses due to injury. We know Milner can cover too and heck, if we were reeeeally desperate we might even fire Minamino in at some stage.

We certainly have the depth to cover knocks and niggles. The Elliott one however was admittedly a huge blow, but I think there's only a finite amount of planning that you can do for such a thing.

Agree, really gutted for Elliott.

Wijnaldum went missing far too often in games if you ask me. Much better options out there and I’m glad he’s not on our payroll anymore. Stealing a living playing for LFC 😝

Okay, so given that we're on a high and are roughly a quarter of the way through the League campaign, I thought an update was due.

This is just appearances (not broken down into which competition) and there will be plenty of opportunities throughout the season to double-check (in case an error has been made in tonight's quick tally-up with a bit of scrap paper) but as it stands, all comps -

Fabinho - 9 apps
    Thiago - 5 apps
    Milner - 6 apps
    Keita - 9 apps
    Henderson - 12 apps
    Ox - 8 apps
    C. Jones - 7 apps
    Elliott - 4 apps

I'll probably update/double-check around the half-way mark to see if we are on target to collectively cover Wijnaldum's appearances.

In my ideal world, we'd bring in Ward-Prowse in January who is a very good player, good passer and presser and in tight areas when pressed and exceptional at set pieces and might even be a great help to trent developing his free kick taking ability and although it would be very expensive, Rice in the summer, Rice continues to improve and still needs to improve, but he's a player I feel can be a long term replacement for Hendo and would develop as necessary playing with and being around our other players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ward Prowse just signed a 5 deal with Southampton. Hes not coming and he will never come. Tielemans looks more of an option. But Leicester wont sell him in January..we need an extra midfielder.. and maybe a forward.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century