Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    3 injuries to our midfield were avoidable.

Keita/Elliott bad challenges.

Jones had a knock yet that dipshit Eng U21 coach played him.

I mean next int window we need to put our foot down more with any carrying knocks.

In fairness Portugal handled Jota well whilst carrying a knock.

I swear they sabotage our players.

Tell Engerland to FO.. Seriously enough already

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I swear they sabotage our players.

Tell Engerland to FO.. Seriously enough already
    How many times do our players get injured whilst with England seems to happen loads.

I mean risking Jones against Andorra U21 is pathetic but then again the coach is ex Everton

Using Jones - a player who is starring for one of the top club sides in the world against Andorra U21’s is like using a sledge hammer to tap an airfix model into shape.

Andorra… Not only Andorra but Andorra u21’s.

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Using Jones - a player who is starring for one of the top club sides in the world against Andorra U21’s is like using a sledge hammer to tap an airfix model into shape.

Andorra… Not only Andorra but Andorra u21’s.

Pathetic
    Haha, great analogy there Steveo.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha, great analogy there Steveo.
    Well, it might be but for the part about Jones starring for one of the top club sides in the World, he still has an awful lot to do to prove he's worthy of regular first team football and certainly hasn't 'starred' in first team action in any game as yet, needs to look at the incredible focus, determination and ferocious desire Foden is showing to improve and become a top Premier League player, he's been doing lots and lots of physical work to improve his speed, strength and agility and it absolutely has improved since last season- Jones needs to aim to be better than any of the other best emerging young players and work his bollocks off to make sure he is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Has there been an update on Naby?

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Has there been an update on Naby?
    Not yet, I heard somewhere, SSN I think, that he is set to undergo a scan and it is a shin injury they're looking at. think you have to let the swelling go down before you can have an effective scan and although his foot fortunately wasn't planted, the swelling could still be considerable

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, it might be but for the part about Jones starring for one of the top club sides in the World, he still has an awful lot to do to prove he's worthy of regular first team football and certainly hasn't 'starred' in first team action in any game as yet, needs to look at the incredible focus, determination and ferocious desire Foden is showing to improve and become a top Premier League player, he's been doing lots and lots of physical work to improve his speed, strength and agility and it absolutely has improved since last season- Jones needs to aim to be better than any of the other best emerging young players and work his bollocks off to make sure he is
    Pl and Cl Stats
    Foden 480 mins 3 goals & 2 assists (5 starts)
    Jones 344 mins 1 goal & 3 assists (4 starts)

Jones providing a goal-or-assist under 90 mins (per 86 mins) from midfield.

Foden providing a goal-or-assist every 96 mins.

All of Fodens goals and assists were from advanced positions, cf/false nine for most, leftwing against us.

There are 2 differences between Jones & Foden
    1) they play different positions presently
    And 2) Jones ain't a quitter

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Pl and Cl Stats
    Foden 480 mins 3 goals & 2 assists (5 starts)
    Jones 344 mins 1 goal & 3 assists (4 starts)

Jones providing a goal-or-assist under 90 mins (per 86 mins) from midfield.

Foden providing a goal-or-assist every 96 mins.

All of Fodens goals and assists were from advanced positions, cf/false nine for most, leftwing against us.

There are 2 differences between Jones & Foden
    1) they play different positions presently
    And 2) Jones ain't a quitter
    Jones is overrated, we are always guilty of overrating players coming through our academy, especially when they're scousers, he hasn't had as much game time and is probably a season and a half behind Foden in terms of development to be fair, right now though, regardless of the picture you're trying to paint with stats, Foden's a miles better player than Jones whether he's playing LFWD RFWD False 9 LCM or RCM.

A key difference is he backs himself, plays the ball when it's on, doesn't bottle it and play safe like Jones does too much of the time, is physically more mobile and agile and has better technique, makes better runs and better passes, is far far superior in his finishing, link play and pressing, City are an altogether different team with Foden playing, a better team, he is a difference maker, particularly in the press, he's more aggressive, relentless and astute in his pressing, far better than Sterling and any of their other forwards and mids, probably their best presser of the ball, that's why Sterling is barely getting a look in

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    although his foot fortunately wasn't planted, the swelling could still be considerable
    I think most of us had considerable swellings that are going to take a while to go down after Sunday.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay