Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Replacing" Wijnaldum - The Aggregate

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think most of us had considerable swellings that are going to take a while to go down after Sunday.
    Well played Sir, I was disappointed no-one had reacted accordingly to my lining up a double entendre
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jones is overrated, we are always guilty of overrating players coming through our academy, especially when they're scousers, he hasn't had as much game time and is probably a season and a half behind Foden in terms of development to be fair, right now though, regardless of the picture you're trying to paint with stats, Foden's a miles better player than Jones whether he's playing LFWD RFWD False 9 LCM or RCM.

A key difference is he backs himself, plays the ball when it's on, doesn't bottle it and play safe like Jones does too much of the time, is physically more mobile and agile and has better technique, makes better runs and better passes, is far far superior in his finishing, link play and pressing, City are an altogether different team with Foden playing, a better team, he is a difference maker, particularly in the press, he's more aggressive, relentless and astute in his pressing, far better than Sterling and any of their other forwards and mids, probably their best presser of the ball, that's why Sterling is barely getting a look in
    Jones is playing in midfield and foden is playing up top.
    Jones is in ways statistically akin to Gini. Very high pass completion, providing the odd goal or assist from cm. It's a far more serious game in the middle of the park.

Foden has nice football skills, conserves energy for sprints and gives up the ghost with regard to his defensive duties regularly. He's a quitter to my eye.

Jones has the ability to improve his attacking output and contributions to the team. That's a matter of development, not character.

There has been a lot of media hype around the young english, city boy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Jones is playing in midfield and foden is playing up top.
    Jones is in ways statistically akin to Gini. Very high pass completion, providing the odd goal or assist from cm. It's a far more serious game in the middle of the park.

Foden has nice football skills, conserves energy for sprints and gives up the ghost with regard to his defensive duties regularly. He's a quitter to my eye.

Jones has the ability to improve his attacking output and contributions to the team. That's a matter of development, not character.

There has been a lot of media hype around the young english, city boy.
    The hype used to be about Sancho, but that's died down since the Euro final, plus the fact he can't get a start in their team. I said he was overrated when he played in Germany. Bellingham seems to be the new flavour of the month, but I'm sure it will be someone else soon enough.

Just a bruise on Keita which is good news. Really REALLY want him to push on. Scored 3 good goals so far and despite a few fuck ups against athletico, I’ve liked his attacking mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Just a bruise on Keita which is good news. Really REALLY want him to push on. Scored 3 good goals so far and despite a few fuck ups against athletico, I’ve liked his attacking mindset.
    I've no problem with his attacking abilities. His problem is defending.
    Yes he's scored some very useful goals, but he's defended abysmally in my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Yes he's scored some very useful goals, but he's defended abysmally in my humble opinion
    He isn’t a defensive minded player. Don’t think he ever has been. Hence the abysmal defending stats.

The two goals against athletico were from his poor decision making/ and being easily turned/stripped off the ball, still feel he has a lot to give. Maybe I want him to succeed so much because I didn’t have a positive thing to say about Wijnaldum’s attacking abilities

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    He's a funny one. Very good at defending on the front foot, when he's attacking the opponent, pressing the opposition, he gets his fair share of tackles & intercepts.

But defending on the back foot, when players are coming at him he doesn't seem to have the strength, determination or cynicism to do the job.
    Maybe milner can be guiding him now that he's out for a wee spell.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The hype used to be about Sancho, but that's died down since the Euro final, plus the fact he can't get a start in their team. I said he was overrated when he played in Germany. Bellingham seems to be the new flavour of the month, but I'm sure it will be someone else soon enough.
    Haven't really watched Sancho play at Dortmund, but the BL goals/assists aren't ranked as highly as PL or La Liga.
    Some great players in it but it's a funny league.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Keita has always linked pretty well with Mo and he is better defensively than he showed v Atletico, he wasn't hooked for his mistakes, he was hooked because his head went after the first, which caused him to make the second trying to atone for it and then a few more rudimentary errors, read an interview with Jurgen who explained that is why he was hooked, because he had lost his composure
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Haven't really watched Sancho play at Dortmund, but the BL goals/assists aren't ranked as highly as PL or La Liga.
    Some great players in it but it's a funny league.
    In fairness to Sancho, he is not only being "coached" by Solskjaer, but also at a time when his confidence at being "the big signing" took a massive knock when they brought Ronaldo in.

Sancho under Klopp would be a totally different animal, one suspects.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay