Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Weekends other games

Just look at #nunoout on Twitter. Bloody embarrassing.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd be gobsmacked if anyone that isn't us, Man City, Man United or Chelsea makes the Champion's League places.
    I'm still not convinced with United's prospects and their longetivity in the race.
    They looked problematic all over the shop in the Champions League against Young Boys and even though they'll eventually make it out of that group (because it's and easy group), even in their premier league games they've looked less than convincing.

City I also don't believe are "struggling" the way most pundits think they are or were after the draw with the Saints yesterday.
    They had an off-day at the office, and that was about it.

Yes, they have question marks at the front end with no sure-fire lethal threat having lost Aguero in the summer and failing in their bid to get Kane.
    But Pep usually solves these issues by the time the Christmas period arrives and I believe it will be more between then and Chelsea right up there with us - with Chelsea the biggest threat in my mind (bigger than City).
    The return match for us with them at the Bridge will be interesting and probably the game of the season in terms of the implications.

United might be thereabouts for fourth but I wouldn't be surprised if they find themselves in a fight for it with Rafa's Bitters and another surprise performer (this season's version of Wolves or Leicester)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Embarrassing club with an embarrassing fanbase.

What's more to be said about that lot?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I still think he would have done well under the right manager and system.

Remember that before Mo came to us and played under Klopp, he was just a so-so pacy winger and not the prolific goal threat he is now.
    Also on the other end of things you have Coutinho who - under Klopp and our system - was one of the most dangerous 'in-the-hole-behind-the-Number-9' midfielders in the league, so much so that Barca paid 145 Million for him, but when he left to play for them under a vastly inferior manager and system, suddenly his game went bust and he's been looking for it ever since.
    (sidenote : Gini should take note, since the PSG fans are already on his case for his game performance level dropping since he joined that)

Werner had the misfortune of joining Chelsea in a bad period when they were in transition with a manager who had no business managing them at the time just because he was a fan favorite former player and that completely screwed up his settling in the league in his first season.

The lad has talent.
    It's just that no one who's managed him outside Dortmund has known how to utilise it properly.

Tottenham are gash.
    I thought that too about Werner last year but after all this time he still doesn’t seem to be improving. Tuchel should be a good manager for him but it’s probably too late now with an in form Lukaku and Havertz being the attacking focus. He is a mostly ineffective sub now. He won’t be leaving anytime soon but when he does I bet he goes back to Germany. I agree that Klopp would’ve been miles better for his career than going to Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Who do those clowns think is going to go manage that mess? They are nowhere near top four quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    I thought that too about Werner last year but after all this time he still doesn’t seem to be improving. Tuchel should be a good manager for him but it’s probably too late now with an in form Lukaku and Havertz being the attacking focus. He is a mostly ineffective sub now. He won’t be leaving anytime soon but when he does I bet he goes back to Germany. I agree that Klopp would’ve been miles better for his career than going to Chelsea.
    That's what I was saying.
    His game was ruined by making his start in the Premier league under Lampard - who didn't know what the hell he was doing.
    Perhaps if he had come in under Tuchel he might be a different player now, because Tuchel seems to know exactly what he wants out of players and how to use them.

I agree that his next stop is probably back to Germany (either Bayern or back to Dortmund).

If you start in this league under the wrong manager, it can ruin your game for years.
    Same thing happened with Mo when he started at Chelsea at Mourinho didn't know how to use him best and he was wasted and often played out of position.
    He had to leave the league and go to Serie A to find himself again, before landing back here with us (in a second try) with the right manager and system for him.

Werner had wanted to come to us and not Chelsea and his chance was ruined by the pandemic, since Klopp was also clear about wanting him as well.

Maybe he does a 'Mo' as well, and finds his way back to us again somehow in the future, but hopefully to too late when Klopp is gone.

(We were also initially in for 'Mo' way back when, when Rogers wanted him before he ended up at Chelsea. It's always the money, and it's always deceiving).
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Who do those clowns think is going to go manage that mess? They are nowhere near top four quality.
    Did someone say 'Fat Sam to the rescue'?

(*it's about just right for their level).
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I'm still not convinced with United's prospects and their longetivity in the race.
    They looked problematic all over the shop in the Champions League against Young Boys and even though they'll eventually make it out of that group (because it's and easy group), even in their premier league games they've looked less than convincing.

City I also don't believe are "struggling" the way most pundits think they are or were after the draw with the Saints yesterday.
    They had an off-day at the office, and that was about it.

Yes, they have question marks at the front end with no sure-fire lethal threat having lost Aguero in the summer and failing in their bid to get Kane.
    But Pep usually solves these issues by the time the Christmas period arrives and I believe it will be more between then and Chelsea right up there with us - with Chelsea the biggest threat in my mind (bigger than City).
    The return match for us with them at the Bridge will be interesting and probably the game of the season in terms of the implications.

United might be thereabouts for fourth but I wouldn't be surprised if they find themselves in a fight for it with Rafa's Bitters and another surprise performer (this season's version of Wolves or Leicester)
    This,
    To add that putting us in the mix is cautious because we were fairly bloody lucky yesterday with that 3-0. Anyone that says otherwise has those rose-tinted glasses on. We too are a squad in progress, and we certainly are no worse than the other three
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Did someone say 'Fat Sam to the rescue'?

(*it's about just right for their level).
    Careful, you can't be calling him " Fat Sam "
    The forums snowflake won't approve.

Halaand’s price tag goes up every time he scores. The guys a beast and still so young. Bayern is probably where he heads to. Lewandowski is ageing. Shame really, he’d link up well with Salah and Mane