Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Leeds Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Ahhh, so that’s why Mane is missing so many sitters?

Come on Klopp, sort it out.
    When we had to drop the line because of CB injuries and Jota came in, it somehow made the Mane Robbo partnership, which had been the most lethal in Europe, not just the Premier League for 3 seasons get severely disrupted to the point when now, we don't ever even see any recogniseable evidence of it, Mane and Robbo's Champions League and Premier League winning form that their partnership was a massive part of has both gone to shit since, it's long overdue reestablishing that partnership

And Thiago played Gini's role differently and better than Gini ever did today, albeit only one game, so yes, Thiago should play LCM controller role with Hendo at RCM and Keita getting game when Fab's rested and Hendo plays at No6 or when Hendo's rested
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thiago was unreal today. Had a lapse for the attempted halfway-chip of Alisson, but otherwise imperious.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Thiago was unreal today. Had a lapse for the attempted halfway-chip of Alisson, but otherwise imperious.
    He was excellent. With that lapse I thought at the time he was looking for Hendo to make a move but he should have dealt with it better

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He’s a feisty bit of stuff isn’t he. Likes a battle. He has great feints and dummy’s when receiving the ball. Little bit casual on the odd occasion. Great player though.

If Matip and Van Dijk stay fit all season we will be champions. Throw in Becker and MO as well.

Absolutely gutted for Harvey, he was doing so well after being given his chance from Jurgen. Injuries like that can be the start of a injury plagued career so we can only hope the recovery goes well.
    As for the match I thought we were very good. Bossed the game with everyone "on it" from the start. Mane still looking out of the club with all them misses following the fall out from the Crystal Palace game last season. 😆😆

I think this season Jurgen has changed tactics slightly by playing an out and out attacking midfielder.

I’m not so sure he will do that against City as an example but he did it against Chelsea so who knows.

Hopefully Bobby is back next week seems like he might be.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    If Matip and Van Dijk stay fit all season we will be champions. Throw in Becker and MO as well.

That is a big statement to make.

Matip was immense today and Virgil didn’t really have to get out of gear.

It is a big statement indeed - but that is cool - let’s hope to god it comes to pass.

We will need our old Mané back and our Bobby too

IF we can duck injuries like we had today for the rest of the season it is possible for sure.. Big IF mind.

It is a big statement. I made it myself after the first or second game.
    Not sure about it though, I worry about our goals. We can play very well and struggle to score whereas some sides csn play fairly poorly and close the game within a couple of minutes either quick fire goals. We used to be able to do that but don't do so much now.
    Today was a good show, I like the way we aren't being talked about much because the two glamour seekers down the road have stolen the headlines. Carry on with it.