Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Leeds Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He was using Elliot as a Gini replacement. The departure of Wjinaldum is going to be another one of these monkeys that is never off our backs isn’t it
    If we don't win anything this season then yes. It will be thrown at them at every opportunity and rightly so.

Klopp's post match interview shows how much he loves his players.

Speedy recovery lad, and hope there's no lasting damage.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It is a big statement. I made it myself after the first or second game.
    Not sure about it though, I worry about our goals.
    Can understand that way of thinking, but my focus (wouldn't call it "worry") is on the goals against.

Keep a clean sheet and you only need one. Even if you concede one, you "only" need two - which is trickier than one, but very doable.

I said in another thread that there are 114 points to play for, with 96 of the available points coming from the sides that aren't Man United, Man City and Chelsea.

Of the 96 that form the bulk of the total tally, we're 9-out-of-9 so far, which is good going. Hopefully we can keep that up against the likes of Palace and Brentford.

It would of course be wrong to say I'm "not arsed" about the Chelsea/City/United games as they're all potential title rivals and "six-pointers" but besides the days we play those games and a day or two of build-up, I'm much more interested in how we do against the 16 sides I expect to miss out on the Champion's League places.

I'm hoping we can get quite close to 80 of those 96 available points and hopefully get a win or two against the biggest sides as well. Clean sheets would be an excellent foundation to build upon.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    why? Thiago is Gini’s replacement
    The point I’m making is that I don’t think Jurgen sits around wondering who plays like Gini. He wonders which three midfielders to play (that’s why I disagree with 19x’s comments on the system with Gini and without - I think Jurgen favours players over system. 19x thinks Jurgen favours the system over players)

This summer Gini left and Elliot joined (as an adult). Jurgen played him. That’s why I think in Jurgen’s mind he was a or the replacement. Other midfielders will arrive I’m sure, and there will be some thought given to the midfield balance

The point I’m making is that I don’t think Jurgen sits around wondering who plays like Gini. He wonders which three midfielders to play (that’s why I disagree with 19x’s comments on the system with Gini and without - I think Jurgen favours players over system. 19x thinks Jurgen favours the system over players)

This summer Gini left and Elliot joined (as an adult). Jurgen played him. That’s why I think in Jurgen’s mind he was a or the replacement. Other midfielders will arrive I’m sure, and there will be some thought given to the midfield balance
    I think, as with any manager, he has a way of playing and tries to sign players who fit his system, Elliott pertinently isn't viewed as a Gini replacement, because Jurgen has always played 433 and in the midfield 3 Jurgen has consistently depending on opposition played either 2 controllers and a No6, or a controller at LCM a No6 and a more attacking midfielder at RCM

So far this season Hendo, Thiago or Keita have played the LCM controller role, Elliott has played the more attacking midfielder role that he bought Shaq, Oxlade and Keita to play

How Jurgen sets up and which players perform which roles in midfield and that there are very clearly defined roles each midfielder operates in is really quite a basic thing to grasp
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jurgen says it’s a dislocated ankle. So it will depend on any ligament damage.
    Is that the same injury that Gomez had at Everton? If so, he was back much sooner than anyone imagined. Fingers crossed for young Harvey.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If we don't win anything this season then yes. It will be thrown at them at every opportunity and rightly so.
    But they think the've (provisionally at the very least) replaced Gini with Elliot - and perhaps the maturation of Jones, and the potential fitness (as they see it) of Oxlade and Keita.

So your early condemnation is part of a false claim as they would see it - they didn't replace Gini in your eyes. In their eyes they did. They have made plans for the season and they don't see a gaping hole on the squad. The fact that you are pissed off about it is obviously your right but you are making a claim that they would not accept.

If you want to say ' this squad could be stronger', then I doubt anyone anywhere would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

How Jurgen sets up and which players perform which roles in midfield and that there are very clearly defined roles each midfielder operates in is really quite a basic thing to grasp
    So is the fact that Gini has gone and he won't be replaced

Klopp’s post match pitch side interview shows us all WHY players are willing to give everything for him.

What a human being. The height of competitive sport. His team come through a very tough away fixture in a hostile environment by winning by 3 goals to nil.

His demeanour is one of deep concern for our injured lad.

Thoughts about the victory are simply not present. He is brilliant, he has such balance.

Again - what a human being. God I love the man.

So is the fact that Gini has gone and he won't be replaced
    No one disagrees he won't be replaced. He should have been replaced. That's the point but there's no pont in going over it again and again.
    He has been replaced in terms of a body in the squad/midfield, its the quality and consistency that hasn't been. It's not even up for debate that the quality of our midfield is diluted since he left.
    Klopps been told to work with what he's got and I don't believe a word of him being happy with the squad at the start of the season no matter how many times he says it.

Your reply to my post about them ( FSG) not seeing or agreeing with the fact he should have been replaced sums up their attitude to the sport. This isn't baseball.
    Last edited by teesred; 13th September 2021 at 08:23 AM.