Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Leeds Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No one disagrees he won't be replaced. He should have been replaced. That's the point but there's no pont in going over it again and again.
    He has been replaced in terms of a body in the squad/midfield, its the quality and consistency that hasn't been. It's not even up for debate that the quality of our midfield is diluted since he left.
    Klopps been told to work with what he's got and I don't believe a word of him being happy with the squad at the start of the season no matter how many times he says it.

Your reply to my post about them ( FSG) not seeing or agreeing with the fact he should have been replaced sums up their attitude to the sport. This isn't baseball.
    I don’t think Klopp agrees with you, that’s my point.

When you say he wasn’t replaced, you imagine they didn’t sit down and think who is like GW out there that we can buy.

That’s not how they operate, and by they I mean all of them, including Klopp

Then, because they don’t operate they way you would - to find a like for like replacement - you have found them guilty of neglect. This is an argument you can’t lose - you disagree with them and then you know they can’t be right so therefore they are wrong.

To make matters worse, whenever something goes wrong we can all be reminded that this monkey is still on our back, even though it was never there in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Is that the same injury that Gomez had at Everton? If so, he was back much sooner than anyone imagined. Fingers crossed for young Harvey.
    It will depend.

The Tibiotalar joint will be where an issue occurs when the foot turns "out" like that.

There's 2 ligaments in that area and the rotation of the joint tends to put a lot of pressure on the Tibia.

I know it has been described as a dislocation, but there will almost certainly be a fracture as well. The fracture itself shouldn't actually be that big of an issue believe it or not, the issue will be the level of stretch/tear of the 2 main ligaments that keep things in place in that area.

The chances of it being a career-ending injury are incredibly slim, but the chances of it being an injury that changes the trajectory of progress he was on are (very sadly) not so slim.

We'll have to wait and see if one (or both) of the ligaments associated with the Tibiotalar are stretched/torn. If they haven't been (which would be ridiculously fortuitous) then he should be able to get back to where he was relatively quickly, outside of the "normal" stuff you affiliate with injury - shaking off rust, match sharpness, confidence in your body and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I don’t think Klopp agrees with you, that’s my point.

When you say he wasn’t replaced, you imagine they didn’t sit down and think who is like GW out there that we can buy.

That’s not how they operate, and by they I mean all of them, including Klopp

Then, because they don’t operate they way you would - to find a like for like replacement - you have found them guilty of neglect. This is an argument you can’t lose - you disagree with them and then you know they can’t be right so therefore they are wrong.

To make matters worse, whenever something goes wrong we can all be reminded that this monkey is still on our back, even though it was never there in the first place
    We've already lost the player who was replacing Wijnaldum. An injury to any of our other 3 best puts us in a position where we are relying on midfielders who are not consistent or good enough ( not including Milner in that). So their calculated gamble is already on thin ice.

We've already lost the player who was replacing Wijnaldum. An injury to any of our other 3 best puts us in a position where we are relying on midfielders who are not consistent or good enough ( not including Milner in that). So their calculated gamble is already on thin ice.
    You’re proving my point - something goes wrong and it’s the decision not to do the thing that they would never think of doing that is the problem.

And then the ‘not consistent enough’ line is a judgement against the squad, which is in essence their planning and spending capability. Oxlade, in my opinion, has been consistently very useful when fit. I’m glad he’s an option. So your one criticism - we didn’t replace GW - starts to leak into a bigger criticism - this squad isn’t good enough. And we are back into the same old argument.

You’re proving my point - something goes wrong and it’s the decision not to do the thing that they would never think of doing that is the problem.

And then the ‘not consistent enough’ line is a judgement against the squad, which is in essence their planning and spending capability. Oxlade, in my opinion, has been consistently very useful when fit. I’m glad he’s an option. So your one criticism - we didn’t replace GW - starts to leak into a bigger criticism - this squad isn’t good enough. And we are back into the same old argument.
    Oxlade over the last 4 years had been consistently useful? I'll leave that one there.

The point about the squad not being good enough is old yes, boring argument where the same stuff gets trotted out from both sides.

Oxlade over the last 4 years had been consistently useful? I'll leave that one there.

You missed off ‘when fit’, which I put there deliberately, not by accident, in case you were wondering

You missed off ‘when fit’, which I put there deliberately, not by accident, in case you were wondering
    Just a shame he's consistently unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It will depend.

The Tibiotalar joint will be where an issue occurs when the foot turns "out" like that.

There's 2 ligaments in that area and the rotation of the joint tends to put a lot of pressure on the Tibia.

I know it has been described as a dislocation, but there will almost certainly be a fracture as well. The fracture itself shouldn't actually be that big of an issue believe it or not, the issue will be the level of stretch/tear of the 2 main ligaments that keep things in place in that area.

The chances of it being a career-ending injury are incredibly slim, but the chances of it being an injury that changes the trajectory of progress he was on are (very sadly) not so slim.

We'll have to wait and see if one (or both) of the ligaments associated with the Tibiotalar are stretched/torn. If they haven't been (which would be ridiculously fortuitous) then he should be able to get back to where he was relatively quickly, outside of the "normal" stuff you affiliate with injury - shaking off rust, match sharpness, confidence in your body and so on.
    Thanks Sid.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

And doesn’t get regular playing time because he’s unfit. Then when he gets on the pitch rather like his short cameo yesterday he’s totally ineffective. Not that he or anyone should be judged on 10 or 15 minutes at the end of a game but when did Ox last play a full game and justify the start? Or even stay on for the full 90?
    Think you’re stretching a point there Taksin.

He's had about 4 proper good games