Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Leeds Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

WHY do people use him as a viable option along with Keita when both are almost never available.
    I don't know. Why do the club pay them £100k + per week and have all kinds of physios, sports psychologists, private jets and stuff available to them if they are useless?

you should probably give them a ring as they are clearly wasting resources big time

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I thought it was a funny 5 words there Taksin..

As I see it the point simply illustrates the problem. Sadly Oxlade is so rarely of any use at all because he is so rarely fit. This then begs the question WHY do people use him as a viable option along with Keita when both are almost never available.

All it does is highlight the lack of genuine options we have. This then gives further ammunition to the whingers among us, like me, in our wanton lust for further quality acquisitions - especially so when we have lost such a key component like Gini.
    Still have plenty of options imo, more so with a slight tweak to the setup which the personnel dictates as I see it.

First 11 imo

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fabinho
    Salah Firmino Jota Mane

Subs:
    Kelleher Gomez Konate Tsimi Milner Thiago Ox/Keita Jones/Elliot Taki/Div

Tweak in the formation would permit a lot of our attacking midfielders who aren't exactly front 3 quality forwards contribute more over the season.

Evolving the style to suit the squad and best 11 is a decision for Klopp to make.
    You/we can moan about whatever, the transfer window is closed and its up to Klopp to find means to achieve our goals.

In a crisis and missing Gini, we could see Gomez say playing six.
    Otherwise it's a case of deploying Klopps 433 as we do, or moving to a double pivot at the base of midfield to better manage the squad over a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    So is the fact that Gini has gone and he won't be replaced
    Let me make this simple for people who don't seem to have grasped Jurgen's set up, even after all this time

Jurgen plays with a midfield controller most commonly at LCM and a No6 in every game, Gini's role was that of a midfield controller

The other midfielder, normally at RCM will either be and more attacking midfield option, or it will be a player employed as a second controller who has better distribution and some crossing ability, so Hendo pretty much

Elliott is not a controller, he is not and has to date never been used as a replacement for Gini, in the games thus far 3 players have been asked to play the controller role vacated by Gini, they are: Hendo, Thiago and Keita
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let me make this simple for people who don't seem to have grasped Jurgen's set up, even after all this time

Jurgen plays with a midfield controller most commonly at LCM and a No6 in every game, Gini's role was that of a midfield controller

The other midfielder, normally at RCM will either be and more attacking midfield option, or it will be a player employed as a second controller who has better distribution and some crossing ability, so Hendo pretty much

Elliott is not a controller, he is not and has to date never been used as a replacement for Gini, in the games thus far 3 players have been asked to play the controller role vacated by Gini, they are: Hendo, Thiago and Keita
    Gini wasn’t a controller at 19 either. In fact he’s left us a totally different player than what he was recognised as when we signed him. Elliot could be anything from a flop to a 10 to an average winger. Too early to pass any sort of judgment on him. I’m very surprised at the role he’s been handed this season so far though

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Gini wasn’t a controller at 19 either. In fact he’s left us a totally different player than what he was recognised as when we signed him. Elliot could be anything from a flop to a 10 to an average winger. Too early to pass any sort of judgment on him. I’m very surprised at the role he’s been handed this season so far though
    He's been handed the role of the attacking midfielder at RCM, not the role Gini vacated, which has been played by Hendo, Thiago or Keita, that's the salient point in the otherwise pointless discussion about Elliot having replaced Gini, when he's played instead of Keita, Shaq (departed), Oxlade or Minamino as they are/were our other options for a more attacking RCM

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's been handed the role of the attacking midfielder at RCM, not the role Gini vacated, which has been played by Hendo, Thiago or Keita, that's the salient point in the otherwise pointless discussion about Elliot having replaced Gini, when he's played instead of Keita, Shaq (departed), Oxlade or Minamino as they are/were our other options for a more attacking RCM
    Agree with you. Would not have predicted it though. Considering it attributes of our best performing midfield under klopp.

I dont get this he plays on the left of this and he plays on the right of that etc etc etc.. We basically play a 4/3/3 and players drift around. because its called passing and moving and closing the opposition down when we dont have the ball.

3/5/2 is the only formation thats different..the other formations are the same. no matter how you wanna make it look different. 4/4/2 is the same as 4/3/3 just your number 10 drops deeper. or gets further forward when you attack.

The 3/5/2 is different because you have 3 centre backs. becomes 5 at the back when you defend.. We actually play when Fabinho plays infront of the back 2. and our fullbacks are pushed on. So again over complicating things is daft in my opinion
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont get this he plays on the left of this and he plays on the right of that etc etc etc.. We basically play a 4/3/3 and players drift around. because its called passing and moving and closing the opposition down when we dont have the ball.

3/5/2 is the only formation thats different..the other formations are the same. no matter how you wanna make it look different. 4/4/2 is the same as 4/3/3 just your number 10 drops deeper. or gets further forward when you attack.

The 3/5/2 is different because you have 3 centre backs. becomes 5 at the back when you defend.. We actually play when Fabinho plays infront of the back 2. and our fullbacks are pushed on. So again over complicating things is daft in my opinion
    You don't understand how we play then and how we have always played, the only time our midfield has been fluid and interchanged as you seem to be trying to describe was in Fab's absence, with Fab employed as best suits his abilities, as an out and out sitting DM, the positions are very clearly defined

LCM Controller No6 DM RCM Second controller or more attacking midfielder

That ^^^^^^^ has been our set up for years now

its the same fecking formation FOUR THREE THREE
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century