Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Palace Match Thread

He almost gifted them two goals but main thing is we won.

We did also change the whole back four which isnt easy 19 but he needs to play against Norwich.

Im not battering him mate I think he will come good but it shows how good Matip has been so far this season.

I was thinking about getting Gomez at RB as how Milner didnt get booked i'll never know !

Still onto Norwich/Brentford.

Btw...many commentators and pundits mentioning that Sadio has now scored 9 against Palace and that is a record of goals against one club. But surely Suarez scored more than that against Norwich?

Still need to work on Mane wide left more, with Salah inside the opposite side as we played winning the title and Champions League, in the brief instance Mane actually found himself out there today, he caused them a lot more issues 1v1 or 1v2 than Mo on the other side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    How many times are people going to keep hounding Pep about this?

Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He almost gifted them two goals but main thing is we won.

We did also change the whole back four which isnt easy 19 but he needs to play against Norwich.

Im not battering him mate I think he will come good but it shows how good Matip has been so far this season.

I was thinking about getting Gomez at RB as how Milner didnt get booked i'll never know !

Still onto Norwich/Brentford.
    Which were the instances he almost gifted them 2 goals?

Matip? I'm the only person here who has maintained he is the second best CB in the league for the last 3 seasons, I know how good Matip is, that 'Jurgen has his favourites' kept the hapless Gomez in instead of getting Matip minutes and match fitness ahead of the sharp end of the Champions League in the title winning season was as criminal as him bringing Fab back in when we'd played better without him and as that season had panned out, Hendo had become our playmaker from No6

Happy to see Fab's passing improving, played 2 or 3 belters today, intercepted, with us picking up the second ball, but the right kind of passes, needs to keep playing them and not be deterred if they're intercepted of headed clear, we win the second ball from most of those types of passes and score quite often when they come off

Still needs some video coaching as to where he needs to position himself in the press, was in the entirely wrong place quite a few times the 2 games prior to this one allowing sides to pass through far too easily, but he's definitely far better now than when he came back in without having to earn it

Respect Sadio Mane. A goal in 9 consecutive games against an oppo. 100 goals for Liverpool. Well done lad. A Liverpool legend.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Btw...many commentators and pundits mentioning that Sadio has now scored 9 against Palace and that is a record of goals against one club. But surely Suarez scored more than that against Norwich?
    Manes record setting feat, is that he has scored against Palace in 9 consecutive games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Still need to work on Mane wide left more, with Salah inside the opposite side as we played winning the title and Champions League, in the brief instance Mane actually found himself out there today, he caused them a lot more issues 1v1 or 1v2 than Mo on the other side
    True.

Robertson has a lot to worry about. Kostas is as rugged as he is, doesnt shy away from confrontation as well. Kostas clearly has a better cross. Havent seen him defend against slippery customers like a Sterling,Zaha type an area where Robbo is tops. But so far Robbo might be on his way to being displaced. Over to you lad to fight back ur shirt

Keita's goal should give his confidence a lift