Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122

Thread: Match Thread : Norwich v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Oops

Actually quite easily done to be fair if you're striking the ball a certain way between the base of the toes and the laces, where the tip of your boot just about catches the ground and thus you get a slight stretch at the base of the leg near the Tibiotalar joint. If you did this really hard (attempting to leather a ball, keeping it low) you could potentially injure yourself but most likely he'll have had the foot equivalent of a staved (sp?) finger and with it being Naby / the League Cup, you haul him off as a precaution.

In a World where injury-prone players are described as having legs like Digestive biscuits, Keita is unlucky enough to have been triple-dipped in a cup of tea by the Guinean FA on numerous occasions, so it's no surprise to repeatedly get a soggy lump at the bottom of the cup for 6 weeks periodically. Keep him in the foil and keep him dry!
    Hee hee very good

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Yes very very disappointed
    Indeed

"polish fella" did he show a clean pair of heels to his opponent?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah of course Nineteen must be some random who reacted quickest twice to make two blocks on goal from the penalty.

Klopp is a world class manager he has been here six years if Gomez is as bad as you think he is why is he still here ???
    It's plainly obvious LEGS that Gomez is his new whipping boy. Moved on from Fab. Terrible defender? Behave.
    Lolzez.
    Last edited by teesred; 22nd September 2021 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The Ox having a shocker. He really needs to put in a decent performance.
    Through a combination of bad passes, poor touch and decision making, he gave the ball away the ball 9 times in the first half.
    4 in the first 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's plainly obvious LEGS that Gomez is his new whipping boy. Moved on from Fab. Terrible defender? Behave.
    Lolzez.
    New? I've been on Gomez's case for 3 seasons, because he has never been good enough, and I'm still on his case because he hasn't improved one bit. I remain aware of Fab's deficiencies, but he's another Jurgen favourite who will play despite them, employed mostly sitting as he has been, his deficiencies are less easily exposed, even though he still managed to lose his man for 2 of the goals we recently conceded, he has improved his distribution a fair bit which I'm happy with, the rest? I'll just have to live with it

Gomez desperately needs a loan, somewhere he will play week in week out in a side that doesn't have an incredible team press and players of Virgil's quality for a partner when he'll have to do LOTS of actual defending, as our system is, Gomez is fine when everyone else is almost perfect, but when he has to do actual defending that involves positional sense and good decisions making in situations those decisions aren't already made for him by our other players, he's one of the poorest in the league, because he has virtually zero experience of playing in a team in which he has to do lots of real defending against better sides
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Lolzez.
    Ahem, absolutely abysmal today, except for his brilliant assist, but in the main part of his role, lost runners, didn't pick up or recognise which man he should be tracking, got caught ball watching long balls while runners went beyong him to make a 3v2 centrally against our 2 CBs and was absolutely responsible for both Brentford's first 2 goals

First goal, has no clue their lad is there, no surprises there, but in order to prevent that goal, all he has to do is plant his left foot further across/forward slightly to protect the ball so it is impossible for an opposition player to play it and he can clear

Second goal, runs from a central position almost on the goal line to try and challenge a player Virgil is already engaging Gomez headless chicken style when all he had to do was run and cover the goal line, fucking schollboy stuff, pathetic decision making

What about robbo then?
    Remember when he 'challenged' trent for his attacking play and assists?
    Regressed to his first 10games for us, which were huff and puff but pretty much rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    What about robbo then?
    Remember when he 'challenged' trent for his attacking play and assists?
    Regressed to his first 10games for us, which were huff and puff but pretty much rubbish.
    The reason for that remain as it was last season, no Mane or other player on the left to link with to release Robbo, or to make runs for him, or take defenders away to give him those couple of seconds to put in a more measured delivery

Watch our games, everything and I mean practically EVERYTHING we do is on our right, Trent always has Hendo and Mo available to link with and play of and to release him in space to deliver or makes runs to give him more time to deliver, on the left there is virtually nothing now, NOTHING, no-one to do those things for Robbo as there always was before last season's enforced changes.

Just watch, watch how many time he is given the ball or drives it forwards to those positions and Mane's coming infield running away from him and there isn't an option for him to link with a play off within 10 yards of him