Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Inter (Champion's League)

Your team v Inter (Champion's League)

........................Alisson

Trent.......Konate.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson...........Thiago

.......Salah.........Jota.......Diaz

Massive match this. If we are completely honest we have more chance here than the League, though we can't give up the Dream.

Will be a lengthy enough wait for the second leg, so let's do good work in the first to take some pressure off.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think that will be close.

I dont disagree with your team but I think Matip/Mane start and Diaz/Konate come in for Norwich.

I'd happily take a draw in this one.

My team:

Alisson
    Trent Matip/Konate VVD Robbo
    Fab Thiago
    Salah Keita Diaz
    Jota

Matip or Konate dilemna I think Matip gets the nod.

Arguably Klopp starts Mane over Keita or Diaz.

Was disappointed with Mane a touch. In the finer moments he was lacking imo.

Klopps 433 team

Alisson
    Trent Matip/Konate VVD Robbo
    Keita Fab Thiago
    Salah Jota Mane/Diaz

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Diaz

Leaving Hendo out for this one, looked leggy from the off today, although he has made telling contributions in a number of games in the more advanced role this season, releasing Mo and Trent, manipulating the space for Trent to arrive in to feed him to assist with very intelligent play, while also covering Trent to allow him to push far higher, far better in fairness than our supposed attacking RCM's have mustered, I don't like Hendo in that role

I think he's the walking wounded or somehow fatally wounded after the injuries, his medium to long pin point balls to release the forwards and full backs and switches have disappeared entirely and he's not the same player and doesn't have the same and necessary influence without them for me

I'm also leaving Mane out as in his absence both Jota and Diaz have performed far FAR better in the LFWD position than he was for a season and a half now. Both Jota and DIaz have actually played the LFWD position, as Mane used to play it, linking with Robbo, stretching the opposition, making runs in behind, I thought it was a Jurgen tweak, I'm still pretty sure it must have been as he surely wouldn't let Mane continually play centrally or as he wanted to all game instead of playing the LFWD role properly as Jota and Diaz have done if he wanted him to

Not sure what is going on there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Love the inclusion of Elliott. I was very tempted to put him in myself but I tend to lean towards experience when it comes to Europe.

Still - imagine Elliott started and bossed it! Would be something else.

Can't wait to see Thaigo take over the San Siro. We'll hammer them over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Love the inclusion of Elliott. I was very tempted to put him in myself but I tend to lean towards experience when it comes to Europe.

Still - imagine Elliott started and bossed it! Would be something else.
    It's the press and counter press I'm thinking of more than anything else, Thiago as LCM controller, Fabinho No6 and Elliott helping the midfield and attack in the press and counter press, he made a massive difference in the last game. Fabinho got all the plaudits for tackling the Leicester lad late on, which a couple of passes later ended up with Jota scoring our second. but he was actually out of position and done and it was Elliott covering the centre quickly pressing their player that made him have to turn back into Fab, if not for Elliott, he was long gone with numbers supporting him and no cover in front of our CBs

Maybe Hendo benefits from Thiago playing as controller, the 4123 we've been setting out playing doesn't work and has never worked for me, for that to work all our players and our 3 midfielder most of all all have to be absolutely on point and almost perfect in their positioning and we don't have 3 midfielder who can make that work

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Mane

Change of heart, go with the experience, watching today's match again today, despite struggling with the conditions Hendo was involved in creating our best opportunities in open play in the first half, releasing Robbo to feed Mane and whipping in an excellent cross Mane really ought to have buried and pinning Pope for Fab's goal and I am interested to see if the press can improve considerably with that midfield 3 with Thiago operating as a controller again in our lopsided 3 CMs

Mane was poor for me, but he has considerably more experience and proven ability and the front 3 of Mane, Jota and Salah pretty much always produces goals, I do stand by how it is Jota and Diaz both produced stunning displays at LFWD operating as Mane used to and linking brilliantly with Robbo as he used to, I'm still mistified what is going on there, Mane's always been so much more central since what seemed a very obvious tactical movement of his position last season, why are Jota and Diaz playing the position exactly as he used to albeit with their own take on it?

I expect our lads to administer a good, hard, deep and penetrating bumming, get the win and a first leg lead to take forward into the second leg

If Hendo can't hack the English climate

How can we risk him in an Italian climate