Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Road Expansion

Great Thread - I'm looking forward to being able to get hold of tickets for my son and myself before I get too old.
    I too remember being stood on the kop, once with my dad in 67 or 68 when we played Everton. We both went home with aching ribs.
    It was pretty bad in the Anny Road end, mind, where we usually stood because I was only about 12 or 13 at the time.
    Happy memories.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    From my recolection Steveo was all for leaving Anfield. (sorry if i have the wrong person)
    The owners have made loads of errors but they did a great job in staying at LFC'S home and rebuilding and as well emplyong Klopp.
    Your recollection is pretty far off the mark there mate. Must be thinking of someone else?

I was always for staying at Anfield - but believed that IF we couldn’t expand at all on the current site, Anfield 2 in Stanley park was the next best option. Which it absolutely would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Your recollection is pretty far off the mark there mate. Must be thinking of someone else?

I was always for staying at Anfield - but believed that IF we couldn’t expand at all on the current site, Anfield 2 in Stanley park was the next best option. Which it absolutely would have been.
    So you wanted to move?. anyway im glad you were for staying put.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

You sure Steveo? I had you down for one of those want a brand new shiny stadium and an owner with bottomless pockets good at fiddling FFP types for some reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes 100%.

But you would have to work out what

“a sitter” is first dude.

Ahaaahaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa

Just for you

You wanted a 70,000 minimum new stadium iirc Steveo.

What is Anfield 2 ?

Nope wrong again.

I wanted more. 80,000 And still think we should be aiming for that now. Very achievable with another Main stand mirror where the Centenery/SKD stand is - and New Anfield Road and an extended Kop pit over Walton Breck.

When FSG said a redeveloped Anfield that is precisely what I expected. Not a single stand dwarfing the rest of the stadium,

Great that the ARE is finally being done but want and expect more.

Anfield 2 was the Stanley park option muted as option 2 by FSG/NESV - never saw a plan mind.