Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Road Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Does it make much difference with money coming in though? it's not exactly a huge increase, may pay for itself in 10 years..

Not against it obviously, but it's no excuse not to be able to spend on a player, or give Salah a new contract.
    It’s something that was promised in 2010. Still has only been 1/4 or 1/3 delivered at best in 2021.

It should not have to impact on player purchases - especially in record revenue times and after finally winning things….but the pandemic has seemingly affected those in Boston more than most. Wiped out any surplus and in fact left us pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    .but the pandemic has seemingly affected those in Boston more than most. Wiped out any surplus and in fact left us pretty poor.
    Although we are the ones building our stadium in line with our plans, not losing Messi and needing to sell our best players or going bust like Derby county, not lurching from one dissatisfactory season to another like Tottenham, and we also have the second highest wage bill in the league (a recently released fact that doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here). Maybe we aren't as poor as some people like to think

By the way, one reason we will remain slightly smaller than Utd is we have the single tier Kop built into our history and culture. Anyone arguing for scrapping that?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Although we are the ones building our stadium in line with our plans, not losing Messi and needing to sell our best players or going bust like Derby county, not lurching from one dissatisfactory season to another like Tottenham, and we also have the second highest wage bill in the league (a recently released fact that doesn't seem to have been mentioned on here). Maybe we aren't as poor as some people like to think

By the way, one reason we will remain slightly smaller than Utd is we have the single tier Kop built into our history and culture. Anyone arguing for scrapping that?
    Should get rid of it, it's shit. Not a patch on the Stretford end, that stand where they have you have a banner to let everyone know which end it is what with it being so famous n'tha.

The wage bill rank has been known for sometime.
    Though it is a little inaccurate as we record wages differently to other clubs, most notably City who have staff employed through 3rd party companies iirc.
    Also there is a certain dubiousness of the integrity of some clubs, 2 in particular, and their reported wages. Much like with PSG and the football leaks.

I hear you and it is a fair point.

On the Kop -
    Extend out over Walton Breck. Could be a unique cantilever over the road.

Could be amazing. Needs vision though

Old Trafford has always had the luck of having no housing directly near or around it. Anfield hasnt, if it had been in a similar surrounding its quite conceivable that it would be somewhere close to their capacity.

But it's not about having the biggest stadium is it? It's about having the best stadium with an unrivalled atmosphere.

Before I retired I knew John Henry through business. I’m surprised he would invest money if the return was 10 years. Seven thousand seats with a large corporate content with downstream food and drinks, merchandise etc. You guys will get your season tickets sooner than you think. Many people wait all these years and they don’t have the money, never had. I have supported Liverpool for 62 years now but probably haven’t spent the kind of money that Fenway Sports want. Tough but the fans don’t own the club .

Quote Originally Posted by red joe stalin View Post
    Before I retired I knew John Henry through business. I’m surprised he would invest money if the return was 10 years. Seven thousand seats with a large corporate content with downstream food and drinks, merchandise etc. You guys will get your season tickets sooner than you think. Many people wait all these years and they don’t have the money, never had. I have supported Liverpool for 62 years now but probably haven’t spent the kind of money that Fenway Sports want. Tough but the fans don’t own the club .
    Someone said to me recently that football is the one sport where the consumers and the product are the same thing. I haven't looked at match day revenue - people still seem to take it seriously but I don't know if they're being naive - but we do know TV money is the most important revenue stream.

Having said that, the fans are part of what is being sold (not to mention they are important for on-pitch success). For that reason keeping the fans happy and authentic is an essential business strategy. Consequently I believe the fans still have a big stake in the club in business terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s something that was promised in 2010. Still has only been 1/4 or 1/3 delivered at best in 2021.

It should not have to impact on player purchases - especially in record revenue times and after finally winning things….but the pandemic has seemingly affected those in Boston more than most. Wiped out any surplus and in fact left us pretty poor.
    Most of the holdup and delay has been because of the city (council and planning department) itself and the neighbouring residents' concerns.

Not FSG's fault.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!