Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Road Expansion

Thanks Justin. It’s going to be an epic sight from Stanley park and will make a huge difference inside the stadium.

Always felt the ARE let the stadium down - not for long

Think they should carry on round the whole ground

Indeed. I would mirror the Main stand on the Centenary/SKD - then eventually do something unique with the Kop.

Maybe out over Walton Breck?

Imagine that beautiful bastard of a ground

Befitting of the most beautiful bastard club in world football

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Befitting of the most beautiful bastard club in world football
    Precisely. If any club deserves it, and has earned it, it is Liverpool FC.

I've always envied the Mancs for having OT. Just the sheer size and the amount of space they had around it ensured they could make it that big. Grounds like Anfield slap bang in the middle of housing areas were hampered in the past.
    Be amazing if they went all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I've always envied the Mancs for having OT. Just the sheer size and the amount of space they had around it ensured they could make it that big. Grounds like Anfield slap bang in the middle of housing areas were hampered in the past.
    Be amazing if they went all the way around.
    It certainly helps their matchday income. They make around £89m to our £70m or so, don't they?

Commercially they're still way ahead of us too, but we can close the gap with sustained success and our recent years of bossing it means we're televised more / get more views so we're likely to be ahead of them in the broadcasting stakes more seasons than not if the current respective trends continue - though we need to manage the transition into Klopp's second team (if he extends) carefully to ensure that.

The other huge difference is our spending what we earn in a sustainable fashion, versus their continued borrowing, sacrificing their future if/as/when the Banks ever come to collect some of their sizeable debt.

Rivalry aside, one of the major reasons to hope they miss out on the Champion's League spots each season is the financial disparity. If we finished Top Four for another 3-5 seasons while they were simultaneously missing out, that financial gap closes a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It certainly helps their matchday income. They make around £89m to our £70m or so, don't they?

Commercially they're still way ahead of us too, but we can close the gap with sustained success and our recent years of bossing it means we're televised more / get more views so we're likely to be ahead of them in the broadcasting stakes more seasons than not if the current respective trends continue - though we need to manage the transition into Klopp's second team (if he extends) carefully to ensure that.

The other huge difference is our spending what we earn in a sustainable fashion, versus their continued borrowing, sacrificing their future if/as/when the Banks ever come to collect some of their sizeable debt.

Rivalry aside, one of the major reasons to hope they miss out on the Champion's League spots each season is the financial disparity. If we finished Top Four for another 3-5 seasons while they were simultaneously missing out, that financial gap closes a fair bit.
    I'm surprised at that actually ( matchday revenue) I thought it was way more. I'm certain at one point it was, prior to the current extension.
    The tables have flipped in terms of recent success and how well the club is run, they are pretty much the polar opposite right now and in regards to how well the club is run it will be a while before that tide is turned.

They’ve made it extortionate money to go over from Ireland now with the new rules around ticketing. Hospitality tickets £420 for the likes of Norwich. You get a curry and a program for your extra 350 quid. The fan card system is a complete farce. I’ve a friend who runs a tour operator to games and they just put sold out on the big games now because you’d be looking at more than a grand for united city and Chelsea. The club rooted out touts so they could gouge their own fans basically.