Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Road Expansion

It’s a business. The real football fan, unless he or she is wealthy or prepared to sacrifice hugely - is simply priced out.

It’s all about TV.. It’s become just like the US

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    They’ve made it extortionate money to go over from Ireland now with the new rules around ticketing. Hospitality tickets £420 for the likes of Norwich. You get a curry and a program for your extra 350 quid. The fan card system is a complete farce. I’ve a friend who runs a tour operator to games and they just put sold out on the big games now because you’d be looking at more than a grand for united city and Chelsea. The club rooted out touts so they could gouge their own fans basically.
    I'm in the main stand for Saturdays game but up in the gods. I've been their before yes it's high but you get a great view of the game. The lower seats are getting harder and harder to get unless you go through ticket companies.
    Though one things for sure the whole "match day experience " is miles better since the yanks took over.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm in the main stand for Saturdays game but up in the gods. I've been their before yes it's high but you get a great view of the game. The lower seats are getting harder and harder to get unless you go through ticket companies.
    Though one things for sure the whole "match day experience " is miles better since the yanks took over.
    Do you have access to tickets through mates though or do you need to use the travel agents.

The middle tier is a great balance..

It is better. Feels safer, especially if you have young children with you. Despite the atmosphere not being quite as vociferous as it once was, the experience is better IMO. This is true across the country though at most grounds. It must be said that American owners do understand how to treat customers far better than we do over here. People will pay more for a better experience.

That said, the cost has gone through the roof - I can only afford to get to 2, maybe 3 games, (at a push) across an entire season, but when I do - it is usually fantastic. Naturally, it's better when we are winning

Do you have access to tickets through mates though or do you need to use the travel agents.
    There tickets available for that legends game, basically the only way I can get my other half and all the kids to a game. Not prem standard but it should still be pretty good, tickets are good value too.
    One of my best pals has been in Utds fan card type scheme for 3 years and still hasn't had a ticket.
    It money for old rope for the big clubs, a ticket lottery.

We have cards with full credits so can get 20 tickets for each home game. The lads that book them aren't too fussy we're the seats are as long as they're in the ground. But they are saying they direct you to were the available seats are and they are getting higher up the stands .

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The middle tier is a great balance..

It is better. Feels safer, especially if you have young children with you. Despite the atmosphere not being quite as vociferous as it once was, the experience is better IMO. This is true across the country though at most grounds. It must be said that American owners do understand how to treat customers far better than we do over here. People will pay more for a better experience.

That said, the cost has gone through the roof - I can only afford to get to 2, maybe 3 games, (at a push) across an entire season, but when I do - it is usually fantastic. Naturally, it's better when we are winning
    U5 ,right on the half way line . So decent even though up high.

They’ve made it extortionate money to go over from Ireland now with the new rules around ticketing. Hospitality tickets £420 for the likes of Norwich. You get a curry and a program for your extra 350 quid. The fan card system is a complete farce. I’ve a friend who runs a tour operator to games and they just put sold out on the big games now because you’d be looking at more than a grand for united city and Chelsea. The club rooted out touts so they could gouge their own fans basically.
    Wonder if tickets might become more available when the Anny Road is done.
    I can remember standing in the old Anfield Road end in 1966 when we won the first Division playing against Chelsea. My Dad and I paid on the gate! Getting hold of tickets since the ground became all seated has become almost impossible for about the past five to ten years.
    I blame Jürgen for filling the place every game!

U5 ,right on the half way line . So decent even though up high.
    Might be high but you must get a great view of the play from up there and so central.

As long as they release at least another 4,471 season tickets when the Annie road is complete, selfishly I don’t care.

Not holding my breath mind.