Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brentford v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    The Jones goal to be fair was extremely lucky as the Keeper appeared to have it covered until it was unnecessarily deflected over him.
    Christ give him credit for a terrific strike , extremely lucky .. my arse !

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    The Jones goal to be fair was extremely lucky as the Keeper appeared to have it covered until it was unnecessarily deflected over him.
    Luck works both ways - Brentford were extremely lucky that Salah doesn't produce a bottom corner finish at a key time to make it 4-2 and thus (probably) a Liverpool win.

Still a touch annoyed about the result, but we won't be the only side to get a challenge against Brentford. A point gained over Chelsea and Man United. My hope now is that we can ensure it isn't one of a run of bad results. If we win against Porto we'll be in a strong position in our Champion's League group and look ahead to the Man City game, which, despite how people view these matches, is more must-not-lose than must-win. Haven't even played 20% of the League games so am not stressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Luck works both ways - Brentford were extremely lucky that Salah doesn't produce a bottom corner finish at a key time to make it 4-2 and thus (probably) a Liverpool win.

Still a touch annoyed about the result, but we won't be the only side to get a challenge against Brentford. A point gained over Chelsea and Man United. My hope now is that we can ensure it isn't one of a run of bad results. If we win against Porto we'll be in a strong position in our Champion's League group and look ahead to the Man City game, which, despite how people view these matches, is more must-not-lose than must-win. Haven't even played 20% of the League games so am not stressing.
    Fair Comments i hope so too

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but that was a game where we could have used Nat Phillips in defence

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but that was a game where we could have used Nat Phillips in defence
    The CB pairing that played should have been more than capable of dealing with their aerial threat

I hope to be wrong but think we will feel the loss of Gini as Henderson and Fabinho get more and more exposed.

Do not underestimate how devastated Klopp was with Elliott's injury.

Good though he is at 18 the club is bonkers if it was relying on him.

Bonkers

Maybe Klopp has finally realised.

According to ‘ teamtalk’ we have agreed a £40m deal for the self proclaimed best midfielder in the league.

Can’t see why Brighton would agree / want to sell as they could be top of the league soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Maybe Klopp has finally realised.

According to ‘ teamtalk’ we have agreed a £40m deal for the self proclaimed best midfielder in the league.

Can’t see why Brighton would agree / want to sell as they could be top of the league soon.
    Yeah more likely to move next summer they sold White for £50m to Arsenal.

He does only have 18 months on his contract in Jan so its possible to do a deal if Brighton have plenty of points on the board.

The source is abit poor though !!

Has to be a better option than Ox and Keita, hell I’m a better option than them two.
    He would also be better than either Jones or Elliott right now too and more reliable than Thiago, who I still don’t believe will work in the Prem, too fast too physical.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just watched the highlights and their second and third goals were embarrassingly identical, we did not learn and adapt but then we never do during a game.
    Robbo just has to sit the next one out, absolutely dire performance. They need to sit him down and make him watch just how many times during the game he is too deep and causing us terrible problems playing the opposition on side.
    I watched the highlights, I'd add that both players look incredibly similar seen at distance on a screen, but in 2 of the instances you were lambasting Robbo for playing their players on, it was actually Jota, back in the position we often find Mane in defending when he's on the left

Quite a lot of rewriting of the game on here, most of Brentford's best opportunities were from direct route one football, Toney got joy in the air against both Matip and Virgil and Fab never once picked up their runner from deep when the long ball was played, he stood there watching it as usual

I live with it because he's a Jurgen favourite who he will always pick, but I will reiterate, I haven't changed my opinion on Fab, he isn't a midfielder or a No6 and never will be and as long as he remains a Jurgen favourite, teams will always have a chance and get chances against us, because his lapses leave the other midfielders and defence exposed and always will at some stage in every game he plays

Fabs an out and out destroyer, not a No6 or a true midfielder or even a DM, just a Momo style destroyer, play him with a Gini, Hendo or Bissouma sitting pretty much alongside him with just our LCM or RCM being the attacking midfielder and we can live with it and get away with it, play him as the deepest midfielder, with both LCM and RCM advanced, we're always going to have problems

We need a Gini replacement, Bissouma fits the bill best, now Gini's gone we don't even have the option of Gini Hendo (No6) and Thiago or another for a run of game to get the press back to where it was at it's best and needs to be, it will NEVER get back to where it needs to be with Fab at No6, not badness or an opinion, just plain, simple matter of fact
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”