Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brentford v Liverpool

By the time the return game comes round, we will be Iooking to get number 20, and Brentford will be staring relegation in the face.

Solskjaer complaining that they don't get enough penalties since Klopp said they were getting too many. He also said Villa's winner was offside. Hope he's enjoying his sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Solskjaer complaining that they don't get enough penalties since Klopp said they were getting too many. He also said Villa's winner was offside. Hope he's enjoying his sour grapes.
    He doesnt half talk a load of twaddle. great to see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not really seen the goals back what we conceded. Just seem to me we struggled against their front 2. usually teams play 4/3/3
    so the centre backs only have to cover the one forward. when theres 2 intertwining neither center back knew who to cover..
    They are a decent team and very good technically. But recalling the first goal. I thought Fabinho was slow and should have probably cleared it.
    Last edited by justme; 25th September 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not really seen the goals back what we conceded. Just seem to me we struggled against their front 2. usually teams play 4/4/3
    so the centre backs only have to cover the one forward. when theres 2 intertwining neither center back knew who to cover..
    They are a decent team and very good technically. But recalling the first goal. I thought Fabinho was slow and should have probably cleared it.
    Both fullbacks didn't cover themselves in glory . Both very poor defending.

Yeah they were poor..I think with Mane playing stupidly of late its affecting Robertsons form. they use to have a great understanding

Defended poorly as a team, just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Defended poorly as a team, just awful.
    Shocking. Virgil also needs the balls chewed off him from time to time as well. Villa last season comes to mind.

If this is the equivalent of the Villa away performance then it represents progress, we took a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True - we are hamstrung in midfield though - that Brentford manager clearly saw it and others will be well aware of it too:

Can’t help but think we were genuinely relying on Elliott this season. With Gini now gone and without him ( likely all season ) or Thiago for who knows how long - we are unable to run games at all. Those forwards are going to be fooking busy and so is that back line.

Sorry to be a pessimist but this doesn’t look good to me at all:
    Thought Fab was absolutely abysmal today, but, the best I can say about it is, it really wasn't helped by the absence of Gini, Jones was playing the LCM controller role, still think it was a fuck up letting Gini go and then not replacing him with a similar player, Bissouma would have been the right player. For me Fab has his rushes of blood steams into things other players are already on leaving gaping holes and players free in space, and gets done not picking players up and ball watching long balls while players run off the back of him, he of all our midfielders needs that experienced player at LCM playing as the controller who positions himself well around him and plugs the gaps
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”