Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brentford v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Salah the only player who deserves his new contract.
    We are totally screwed without him. Plenty don’t really see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Our run of results going right back to the turnaround in our fortunes last season is pretty damn good to be fair. Though we can definitely find another gear.
    Klopps team win more and lose less. Performance doesnt always look good but last 3 to 4 years we have been a machinre. Those 6 defeats in a row slightly damaged an impecable amassing of pts.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Milner should have come on if anyone.

Firmino is better than Minamino I think that is clear to see.
    Probably being wrapped in cotton wool and stuffed in a cryogenic container until the City game.

City will annihilate us if we play like that.

Thankfully I don't think we will.
    City will be a completely different game, we were poor in that game, Fab in particular, because they played to his very specific weaknesses.

Long ball aimed for both forwards close together to try and lay off or knock down or knock back to oncoming midfielders, with a runner beyond Fab ball watching to make it a 3v2 against our 2 CBs centrally every time they launched the long ball to give them every chance of getting some joy.

I've documented it at length, but Fab is absolutely terrible at tracking runners, recognising who the player he should be picking up is and reading the game, he is an out and out destroyer, if it's on the deck coming at him or close to him and there are players around him to plug the gaps he can be brilliant, but he's a destroyer not a proper holding DM

Brentford simply targeted our obvious weakness, Fab allowing an overload on our 2 CBs and their lad Toney had a fair bit of joy winning the first ball v both Virgil and Matip, which is no mean feat

It was an error to go 4231, that's where their third goal came from, a free kick I think from their manager having a player hang wide either side of our 2 in the last 10 minutes, should have just brought Millie on for Jones and Bobby for Jota
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jones looks so physically strong at times in the shoulder-to-shoulder situations in midfield. Very hard to shake off the ball. Can frustrate at times, but I think he attracts more criticism in some quarters than he deserves really.
    He has the physic. The tecnhic as well. He needs to learn to 1 touch at times and wall pass. Always looks to have 3 to 10 touches. He is in the mould of those 90s number 10s like Requilme, Aimar, Ortega. But he needs to just work on knowing when to let it go quicker. There is a fantastic player there. I was not happy with him today but i see the quality

My massive fear is running out of legs has the season progressives. we still look short in midfield. Likes been said you cant rely on Keita and Thiago will spend a lot of time on the sidelines as well
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Klopp brought on his fave in Firmino rather than another midfielder.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We are totally screwed without him. Plenty don’t really see it.
    One day he wont be here and life will go on. In midern era we had cult heroes like G8, XA14, T9, S7, it seemed that when they left life wud end but guess what it didnt.

Mo, Virgil and AB are our 3 most important pkayers. Followed by Fab, And Hendo because of his leadership and Trent. All these shud be in the same salary bracket. Mo can not earn double the salary of any if that group. If he is worth 350 to 500k then the rest are grossly underpaid. He must sign the deal or go. No name on the back is bigger than the 1 in front.

We are screwed without any of those above mentioned.

I thought those days were behind us, scoring 3 in a game and still not winning it. We made them look better than they really are.

We coped superbly well without Henderson late last season. Best form of the entire competition.

Mo - Virgil and Alisson - agreed BUT and it is a big one - where do the 3 points come from without Mo’s goals?