Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brentford v Liverpool

DOn't think Jurgen covered himself in glory in today's game or the Chelsea game, they're both games we should have won C

Chelsea game why he kept Mo, our most likely goalscorer and to stick away a half chance by rasping home something that just drops to him in the box from crosses put in stuck out wide right for the entire second half with Chelsea down to 10 men with Trent lurking infield behind him only he knows, not one chance or nearly chance came in the entire 50 minutes of continually trying to create something using that tactic for almost the entire second half plus stoppage time, but he didn't change it.

Todays game, as per my comment in the match thread at the time, going to 4231 was an error and not bringing Millie on for Jones to give more control and a player who could support Fab and play the controller role was an error and Jota should have come off for Bobby

Mane actually did a bit better in general play than he has for a while when he was moved to stay more on the left and make his outside in runs to inside left and inside out runs to wide left in behind
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don't think people are giving Brentford enough credit either, they were good today, their keeper and defence, they had great intensity and desire throughout, made some brilliant las ditch saves and challenges, their manager made 2 or 3 tweaks and his game plan to try and win headers from long balls against both Virgil and Matip with a runner from midfield making that pretty central 3v2 against our 2 CBs immediately following the long ball being launched worked really well, as did his changes to keep a player high either side of our 2 when Jurgen changed to a 4231

Their set piece department hopefully gave ours, who 'used to be' the most creative, innovative and successful in the league a much needed kick up the arse too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Virgil was soft like ice cream today.
    Did u try ? lol

The defence was bullied by Brentford. To some extent Burnley did the same a few weeks ago but they didn't have the same intelligence from their manager or midfield to make the most of it like Brentford did. Hopefully Klopp will learn from it and it won't become a recurring theme.

We had enough chances to win the game and should have done so but I think Brentford will make it difficult for a lot of teams this season and I can't see them being threatened by relegation

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The defence was bullied by Brentford. To some extent Burnley did the same a few weeks ago but they didn't have the same intelligence from their manager or midfield to make the most of it like Brentford did. Hopefully Klopp will learn from it and it won't become a recurring theme.

We had enough chances to win the game and should have done so but I think Brentford will make it difficult for a lot of teams this season and I can't see them being threatened by relegation
    There's only 6 games played, let's see where they are with 6 games to go. If you have too many players not playing well, there's always a chance you will drop points.

We have started terrific this season. No defeats and its almost October. My big concern is fitness as the season progressives.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just watched the highlights and their second and third goals were embarrassingly identical, we did not learn and adapt but then we never do during a game.
    Robbo just has to sit the next one out, absolutely dire performance. They need to sit him down and make him watch just how many times during the game he is too deep and causing us terrible problems playing the opposition on side.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    By the time the return game comes round, we will be Iooking to get number 20, and Brentford will be staring relegation in the face.
    Nah. They’ll stay up comfortably. They e won every game on xg this season. Could break to 12 I’d say.

MaTipz Worldz Classico

Calm down mates, he's had some good games X

Virgil had a poor game too kev, doesn’t make him a poor player either. Don’t be so kevative about Joel.