Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Porto

Milners cross squeaks through to Mane who taps home with the keeper stranded

Halftime 2-0

That's what Vice-Captain Ribena gives you.

The veterans are really showing the way tonight.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Why don't we ever see more Hendo freekicks?

Is that what he's been hiding in his locker?
    Trent has scored a few, not many, but maybe he's the only one. Think we should have more than one person designated for free kicks

Surprised at our line up but its a fantastic performance so far.

Hopefully we can grab another and then rest a few players think we can make 5 subs so if we can we should use them all.

Don't want to jinx anything, but are porto this bad? I mean we haven't kicked into gear, but controlled the game and they're not really playing well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    easiest game of the season so far..
    Quick, someone start a match thread!

Decent half, Jones very good, see what a difference it makes when you back yourself and play with courage and intensity instead of playing safe all the time and all your determination and intensity is lost on focusing it on not making a mistake? Great to see the lad being brave and backing himself and his ability

Over to Jurgen to make sure we're a bit better second half, look to nick an early third goal, give 3 lads half an hours rest and 3 others some game time then 2 others 20 minutes rest and 2 others 20 minutes game time, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points in what is a very tough group
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Put the game away as soon a possible after the half and don't leave yet another team hanging around with enough hope to come back.

That's the hardest lesson we have yet to learn as a team.
    Porto are clearly on the ropes and we need to look to putting this one to bed sharp-ish, with an eye towards the City game.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Don't want to jinx anything, but are porto this bad? I mean we haven't kicked into gear, but controlled the game and they're not really playing well at all.
    They have a decent team, but are currently facing a mini-injury crisis when several of their starters out injured.
    Not saying they necessarily would have made the difference, but it is something to factor in.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Honestly that should be job done provided we maintain our composure.

Keep the focus lads. A few subs perhaps ahead of the City game.
    A bit of sensible game management wouldn’t go amiss. We don’t need to score more goals, although it’s obviously beneficial. Just play sensible passes, and don’t overcommit. Let’s just try to see this out without drama.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!