Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819

Thread: Your team v Porto

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Now you're looking out for me...awww :P

Seriously though, la liga has become a bit of a shambles without their galacticos and crippling debt. Lets hope no one bails them out

How did Minamino play?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Now you're looking out for me...awww :P

Seriously though, la liga has become a bit of a shambles without their galacticos and crippling debt. Lets hope no one bails them out
    I could see City part-bailing out Barca.
    They're obviously desperate for someone that can actually finish the bucketload of chances they're creating, and if Erling Halaand is for some reason not available or Borussia decide all over a sudden that they don't like bucketloads of money, City might drop said bucketloads at Barca's doorstep for Ansu Fati

As much as they love that kid, they'd be hard pressed to say no to a couple of hundred mill - especially now seeing as they have a manager that most of them hate, but whom they literally can't afford to fire.

Like they LITERALLY don't have the money to fire Koeman (and pay his severance clause fees) or hire a replacement.

Some 150 million or so in Oil money could solve that quick-ish, and allow them to hire Xavi.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Mad how things have changed in Europe - you think back to how insanely tight matches often were in the Benitez/Mourinho sort of years.

In our two Champion's League matches this season we've apparently amassed a total of 44 shots - I know some will have been speculative etc but that's mental!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Bobby with a nice goal, 1-4 their goalie is horrendous. Making Karius look like Buffon!!
    He is only one of their backups !!! Iker Casillas their #1 suffered a heart attack last week during training and obviously unable to play.

On another front i see the "Mignolet" is still doing well for Club Brugge in their Group
    Last edited by fagin; 29th September 2021 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    His finishing wasn't what we have come to expect of him, but he was very good in the press and counter press, won back possession and linked play really well for the most part, despite a couple of obvious poor decisions when he should have played Mane in, not a bad game from him by any stretch of the imagination, some really incredibly positive things to take from his performance, just forgot his shooting boots
    Agree. Despite not scoring there was a few times where I thought his link play was looking like it's improving. Hopefully turning a corner in how he fits in with things.

New song for Trent needed me finks.

Personally I prefer Jota to put the ball in the net and last night he should have had a few. Seemed to be trying too hard against his old club perhaps?

Either way - a great win and 400 up for Hendo - that’s some achievement

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    He is only one of their backups !!! Iker Casillas their #1 suffered a heart attack last week during training and obviously unable to play.

On another front i see the "Mignolet" is still doing well for Club Brugge in their Group
    Is that the second time that’s happened to him

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is that the second time that’s happened to him
    Well i have to take ownership of that pathetic f***up.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Well i have to take ownership of that pathetic f***up.
    Think it is the second time