Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Porto

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota misses ANOTHER absolute sitter after more brilliant play as ever by Robbo, another he needs to hit first time
    Think you're trying too hard to convince yourself that he's on good form. Not sure who you've been watching for a year. Fair play to him for the last 40 minutes, but that's all the credit I can give him.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    Basically jones doing exactly what we were asking off him last week , direct , playing forward through the lines , killer balls , well happy for him
    Agreed Jimmy, exactly what you, Tees and I were asking of him, looks a completely different player when he backs himself and puts his focus and intensity into doing that instead of into playing safe and not making any mistakes

Bobby on for Mo, Minamino on for Mane, Gomez on for old man Milner

Jota's moved to RFWD. he was excellent the only other time he got some game time there

COme the fuck on Liverpool, keep the press and intensity, manage the game well and of course nick a fourth or more if the opportunities present themselves
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I would have kept Mane on. Jota should have been hooked and Mane, who has been one of our key players needed more time and more goals to regain the confidence. I get he's saving him for City, but he needs more game time.

It's great to see Taki getting rewarded with playing time after his brilliant Carabao cup performance.

I would have thought Klopp would have wanted to keep Milly on for game management going forward.
    I hope it means we'll see him on Sunday in the lineup.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Think you're trying too hard to convince yourself that he's on good form. Not sure who you've been watching for a year. Fair play to him for the last 40 minutes, but that's all the credit I can give him.
    Mane has played predominantly in his once usual wide/inside LFWD position almost the entire game, meaning Robbo has had some one to link with and to make runs so he can be released in time and space for the first game since the start of last season, it's not a coincidence that both were much better this game than they have been in any game for a while, it's what I've been crying out for for a full season

Robertson...are you ok? He's actually had his best 40 minutes in a year.

Jota should score. How many chances is he going to want
    Like I said earlier, it looks like someone finally got the message that that starting spot is up for grabs and a certain Greek has his eye on it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I would have kept Mane on. Jota should have been hooked and Mane, who has been one of our key players needed more time and more goals to regain the confidence. I get he's saving him for City, but he needs more game time.
    Jota's stayed on because Mo Bobby and Mane will start at the weekend

Ox on for Hendo, another excellent display from Captain Fantastic on his 400th appearance for the club, great pressing, counter pressing, passing and anticipation and very unlucky not to have scored

Shame.

Always want a clean sheet.

Good header from the Iranian 1-3

FFS Jota