Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Porto

Great to see Jones backing himself more in his recent appearances and playing the percentages for Mo's opener, looking to shoot across the keeper knowing Mo's around that area to potentially tap in any parry, we don't do enough of that as a team

Now get that fucking second goal before half time here now Liverpool
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Curtis the lively out of all the players. He'll be great for us

Mane too cool and turned over

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I was on the verge (roughly 8 minutes ago) of saying how he was quietly having a great game in that unspectacular sort of way that Lucas did when at his best, then he fluffed a chipped pass and I didn't want to curse him

His age means we'll see inconsistency and the odd shocker, but we should be patient with him.

Whats the returns policy on Jota? Had a couple of opportunities to play Mane in, but chose the wrong option. Frustrating again

He has been great tonight so far, I've slated the lad plenty, because everyone kept going on and on and on about his ability and potential, and when he was getting chances he was shite, playing safe and overplaying all the time and failing to back himself, much MUCH better the last couple of games, backing himself, playing the ball when it's on, now he needs to keep that going and build on it and we'll see if we have a player

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I was on the verge (roughly 8 minutes ago) of saying how he was quietly having a great game in that unspectacular sort of way that Lucas did when at his best, then he fluffed a chipped pass and I didn't want to curse him

His age means we'll see inconsistency and the odd shocker, but we should be patient with him.
    He has those qualities, which as you say, with patience and proper guidance will grow into a great player...hopefully

I wonder why we went with Milner at right back rather than Gomez, who has played there before I believe. Maybe we’re worried about running out of centrebacks.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He has been great tonight so far, I've slated the lad plenty, because everyone kept going on and on and on about his ability and potential, and when he was getting chances he was shite, playing safe and overplaying all the time and failing to back himself, much MUCH better the last couple of games, backing himself, playing the ball when it's on, now he needs to keep that going and build on it and we'll see if we have a player

So let me slate Robertson in peace :P

Whats the returns policy on Jota? Had a couple of opportunities to play Mane in, but chose the wrong option. Frustrating again
    His link play and decision making has been shite since he arrived, it's something he desperately needs to improve on, it was actually a lot better than it has been v Brentford, so hopefully he can continue improving on it