Thread: Your team v Man City

Your team v Man City

Boss that.

.....................Alisson

Milner.....Matip....Van Dijk... Robertson

....................Fabinho

...........Henderson......Jones

...Salah............Firmino......Mane
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Got to agree Sid

Alisson

Milner Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Important to make sure our press is at the level or better than it was in tonight's game and that Mane plays in his inside/outside LFWD position as in tonight's game as it made a huge difference to the team and Mane and Robbo's performances, suddenly the opposition backline was stretch, the centre wasn't crowded, by our own players crowding it out themselves and the switches and attempted medium to long balls for our forwards and Robbo and winning the second balls were back on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Boss that.

.....................Alisson

Milner.....Matip....Van Dijk... Robertson

....................Fabinho

...........Henderson......Jones

...Salah............Firmino......Mane
    Tsimikas instead of Robertson, for me.
    Robbo was better against Porto tonight, but might not be 100% Premiership fit, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Robbo was better against Porto tonight, but might not be 100% Premiership fit, yet.
    Robertson was good but needs to work on his cross and final ball. That is what Tsimikas offers. We need more than industry as Kostas seems to be an equally robust character. But his delivery of corners and match play creates 3 or 4 chances a game. Robertson for now but needs to beat the first man on the cross.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Agreed - think it does both good to get alternate starts. Keeps both involved but hungry to perform.

If Robbo is preferred over Tsimikas after little more that one decent half of football against a severely weakened Porto… then we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed - think it does both good to get alternate starts. Keeps both involved but hungry to perform.

If Robbo is preferred over Tsimikas after little more that one decent half of football against a severely weakened Porto… then we have a problem.
    He’s been preferrrd every game he has been fit though no. He’s still much the better player defensively I think

Not too sure about "much" - think people see Kostas and his better forward play and assume he is more like Trent - great attacking and less than stellar defensively. More raw for sure - he has played far less with this group BUT on evidence of the last 6-7 games Kostas looks the better player at this moment in time. City will be smarting - we can't have Robbo clamming cup when he has a chance to shoot or simply failing to play in a ball we can use when attacking. We need to hit them where it hurts and Kostas will certainly do that.

Klopp has a big decision

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s been preferrrd every game he has been fit though no. He’s still much the better player defensively I think
    I'd certainly agree with that. And I still think Robbo is one of the best fullbacks in the league and he's slowly improving to get back to that level.

They all are - What do you see as the 'standard' for a lot of these players? Was last season their level and the previous 3 years well above? Or was last season the outlier?

The tricky part is if TTA doesnt play then we lose a major weapon on one side. Bringing Kostas in will lessen that somewhat.

As Steveo says it's a big decision for Klopp.

My concern is that he's played virtually the same XI for the last two games and will probabaly do so again on Sunday. Have the same lads got enough in them to go hard again against City?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd certainly agree with that. And I still think Robbo is one of the best fullbacks in the league and he's slowly improving to get back to that level.

They all are - What do you see as the 'standard' for a lot of these players? Was last season their level and the previous 3 years well above? Or was last season the outlier?

The tricky part is if TTA doesnt play then we lose a major weapon on one side. Bringing Kostas in will lessen that somewhat.

As Steveo says it's a big decision for Klopp.

My concern is that he's played virtually the same XI for the last two games and will probabaly do so again on Sunday. Have the same lads got enough in them to go hard again against City?
    That’s a very good question regarding city. Klopp alluded to it himself in his post match comments last night. The performance looked spectacular to us as fans because we swarmed all over Porto. Klopp didn’t seem overly pleased with it himself and said we’d need much better v city. IMO it’s a big ask for the same 11 to beat city. I’m not saying kostas shouldn’t get in. More that klopp still has his trusted guys in big games. One or 2 knocking on the door this season now whic is great to see.

Tsimikas for Robertson, only change from Sid's team.