Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Man City

I can't believe there's been only one shot on target in the entire game for both teams (by Foden. Zero shots on target by us. Zero shots......full stop.).

City should be kicking themselves reading that stat because they should easily be up 3 or 4-0, the way they put us under the kosh in that half.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Firmino to give some ball control and build up in the middle pls

Poor half from our lads, midfield has been poor, all of them, Hendo's been well below his levels, but at least he's been involved, Jones had been non existent except for one good ball for Mane, Fab is being Fab, he keeps taking poor positions to allow City to play through the forwards and other midfielders press, if I had to hook one, it'd definitely be Fab, Hendo to No6 and get Gomez, Ox or Keita on, maybe moving Millie to RCM. Go 4312, with the distribution in the centre with Mo and Mane both look to make runs in behind and outside in and inside out runs in behind their full backs and CBs

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure were a fucking damned site better in the second half than that insipid fisrt half showing, administer the bumming required, get the win and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

take milner off replace with joe. he can match foden’s pace.
    take off robbo who is finished, and bring on kostas as the attacking outlet in trent’s absence.

take mane off, move jota left and bring on firmino.

no point shouting “be brave” klopp if your subs are shit!

Might aswell put Firmino on in midfield

Well we got a lesson that half and never been so happy for HT at Anfield for a long time.

Time to mix it up second half id get Gomez on at RB I know he isnt good going forward but we need to stop City just plonking it into space over Milner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Poor half from our lads, midfield has been poor, all of them, Hendo's been well below his levels, but at least he's been involved, Jones had been non existent except for one good ball for Mane, Fab is being Fab, he keeps taking poor positions to allow City to play through the forwards and other midfielders press, if I had to hook one, it'd definitely be Fab, Hendo to No6 and get Gomez, Ox or Keita on, maybe moving Millie to RCM. Go 4312, with the distribution in the centre with Mo and Mane both look to make runs in behind and outside in and inside out runs in behind their full backs and CBs

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure were a fucking damned site better in the second half than that insipid fisrt half showing, administer the bumming required, get the win and another vital 3 points
    Now you need to give it a fucking rest.

Henderson has done as much as Jones. Jones hasn't given the ball away as much.

The whole team has been poor. Matip and VVD included.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Dunno about wrong boots on Henderson seems to have the wrong feet on at the moment. Anyway I think Klopps tactics have ruined the first half. we tried to go long and gave the ball away to often. Eventually city have got into the game,
    City started low block. We ran out of ideas after about 10 minutes. Their quality took over. Clever from pep to take the sting out of us. We really don’t have great quality in our build up play. It’s all about intensity. The big side’s like Chelsea city and Madrid have figured that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps even stick Robbo at right-back and Tsimikas at left-back?

Ox has played full-back for Arsenal as well. Or bring another midfielder on and stick Hendo out there?

It certainly can't be Milner for another 45 minutes.
    I would go with Gomez instead.
    I'd worry about him getting beaten for pace, but at least he can physically bully Foden off the ball in some of those one-on-one's which Milly just seems incapable of now.

Obviously we sacrifice an attacking flank game with Gomez, but it's not like Milly was offering anything in that department.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

lulled them into a false sense of security...