Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536373839404144 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If he becomes the difference between winning the title and not, then the money won't come into it. Great player who Brighton won't be able to keep forever.
    We''ll see we need more physicality in the middle. Thiago and Keita are not the answer. Oxlade and Jones are more of attacking players.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Again we will end up having to pay 50 million + another persons wages. we could have signed him for 2 extra years.. We are gonna run out of legs in midfield and we cant rely on Keita or Ox. get this we could with Wijnaldum
    I understand what you are saying we need another player not every player costs £50m.

Gini clearly didnt want to stay he then went on social media moaning about fans having a go at him in games I mean come on its pathetic.

Harvey Elliott came into the squad for Gini so we arent one down we are the same in terms of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Agree also on the Elliot and Jones part we have 2 potentially world class players we will only find out if they play.
    Exactly. It's so easy to overlook what we have, really is.

People (rightly) rate Bellingham and want him here. If Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliott are at Dortmund and put in the sort of performance that Jones put in against Porto, then there are people in here (given their nationality and age) saying "throw £50m at Dortmund in Jan" - and these are players that are available for us, for selection, NOW - okay Elliott isn't due to injury, but you know what I mean.

The problem we have is the "bridge" players (talking age gap here) in midfield have proven they can't be relied upon - Keita and Ox were meant to come in and take the central areas by storm and haven't. If even one of them was more readily reliable, we'd be much more relaxed about the situation in terms of potential transfers centrally.

Ideally (forward options) there's someone out there who is able to compete with Jota's level (better than Origi+Minamino) who is relatively young as well.

But overall, we really aren't in a bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What makes anyone think we will sign anyone in Jan?? Bissoumas price will go up and up and up and we dont buy him simple has that..
    We signed VVD and some right gems in January.

Last season was a one off. At boxing day we were top and were chilling with VVD and Gomez out. Dont think the owners felt we needed anyone till the wheels came off end of in January. Owners may have been bitten in the arse and would want to consider investing now if we're still up there.

So, as sid says, the right quality signings need to be made. Sky hit it on the head by saying, if a signing will improve the sqaud the pushes us for more glory, it's a no brainer. Then we can point fingers at the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes and no legs because Salah puts in a performance of the ages to get us that draw…. Milner should walk AND City possibly should get a penalty too.

We are massively over reliant on Mo Salah and he hasn’t signed…
    It wasnt a pen as the foul was outside the box but yes he should have got a red card but I thought in real time it was Hendo who fouled him.

Salah was class and that is what class players do.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I understand what you are saying we need another player not every player costs £50m.

Gini clearly didnt want to stay he then went on social media moaning about fans having a go at him in games I mean come on its pathetic.

Harvey Elliott came into the squad for Gini so we arent one down we are the same in terms of numbers.
    Elliot came into the 11 but hes not a straight swap for Gini. and he complained about fans on social media not the fans in the crowd..
    If not Gini it has to be someone. You see todays game we got bossed in midfield. The likes of Henderson and Fabhino got run ragged. And Jones who was nonexistant. We needed someone to put their foot on the ball and control it. Wijandlum was good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It wasnt a pen as the foul was outside the box but yes he should have got a red card but I thought in real time it was Hendo who fouled him.

Salah was class and that is what class players do.
    2 goals out of nowhere. The first for Mané involves arguably even greater effort. Wins the ball in our defensive third to thwart an attack and keeps possession- receives the next pass and motors into Cities half - wrong footing their entire back line and feeds it into Mané for a routine finish.

Then scores an absolute wonder goal.

You won’t see many world class players put in a better performance anywhere this season.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd October 2021 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Our 12th man carried us and Mo magic. We lived on atmosphere tonite.
    Yeah as I kept saying fans mean everything I got laughed at last season for saying it but its true.

Im not saying we not ever lose we fans as we will do but it becomes a real test of character.

I think we deserved a point for our second half performance you are not going to blow City away you need to dig deep and ride your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Exactly. It's so easy to overlook what we have, really is.

People (rightly) rate Bellingham and want him here. If Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliott are at Dortmund and put in the sort of performance that Jones put in against Porto, then there are people in here (given their nationality and age) saying "throw £50m at Dortmund in Jan" - and these are players that are available for us, for selection, NOW - okay Elliott isn't due to injury, but you know what I mean.

The problem we have is the "bridge" players (talking age gap here) in midfield have proven they can't be relied upon - Keita and Ox were meant to come in and take the central areas by storm and haven't. If even one of them was more readily reliable, we'd be much more relaxed about the situation in terms of potential transfers centrally.

Ideally (forward options) there's someone out there who is able to compete with Jota's level (better than Origi+Minamino) who is relatively young as well.

But overall, we really aren't in a bad spot.
    I think the mifield we have is okay i do thonk though that with their physic and with their atributed and with the way the fullback push up, i feel we need a change in tactics in yerms of how the midfield 3 set up.

Hernderson at times is playing as a rw that i feel makes us susceptible to the switch. Fabinho is a nicker of balls but if we really look he is not playing as a 6. Our 3 play onterchangeable so ot is a clear 433.

I think switching to a 4213 or 4123 might be the answer. We are no longer pressing like hound dogd so i dont think 433 works anymore. We are not high pressing anymore but more aid block and there is a massive gap between the 4 3 and 3. That is why we are conceding whether against a Brentford wjo live on knock downs etc there is always space abd half spaces. A 6 or double 6 solves this.

I would have taken this start. But we need to keep winning when other teams drop points.. will be back laters