Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Micah Richards is a big meff
    It never ceases to.amaze me how fuckwitts like him are on TV. He genuinely can't even speak properly.
    Hes as thick as a castle wall but he's "affable". That guy who called out Alex Scott during the Olympics was bang on. She can't speak properly either, children listen to these people and think that phrases like "when we was" and "I is" are English. They're fucking not.

Tyler said "aaaaaand it's live". Again.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Richards said the ref was influenced by the crowd in not sending Milner off.
    When Carra asked was that the same reason Walker wasn’t sent off at the Etihad last week he said, “I don’t know, I wasn’t at the game,” though he did see the incident. Flatly refused to say it was the same when pushed.
    He is as bad as Mills and I thought no one could be as bad as him. Agbonlahor is another trying to make a name for himself in the sheer bellwhiffery stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - but that midfield issue was one many could foresee in August - why did we want to wing it?
    Not sure dude. It's an argument that's become old already and it's only a few months old. We needed some real quality and today proved it I think.
    All 3 massively off any kind of level to compete, they made Silva look like a boss.

Henderson and Fabinho are yet to start the new season

Agree Miller. I'm.sure 19 will blame Fab for Hendo being so poor though.
    Apparently Fab was in Wuhan in December 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It never ceases to.amaze me how fuckwitts like him are on TV. He genuinely can't even speak properly.
    Hes as thick as a castle wall but he's "affable". That guy who called out Alex Scott during the Olympics was bang on. She can't speak properly either, children listen to these people and think that phrases like "when we was" and "I is" are English. They're fucking not.
    Haha. I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Richards said the ref was influenced by the crowd in not sending Milner off.
    When Carra asked was that the same reason Walker wasn’t sent off at the Etihad last week he said, “I don’t know, I wasn’t at the game,” though he did see the incident. Flatly refused to say it was the same when pushed.
    He is as bad as Mills and I thought no one could be as bad as him. Agbonlahor is another trying to make a name for himself in the sheer bellwhiffery stakes.
    Agbonlahor looks like hes been on the sea food diet. see food and eat it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

First off, a big shout out to the guys that organised the mosaic; class as normal.

Really really disappointed with today’s result. I very rarely criticise Klopp, but I think he got it wrong today. I’m a huge fan of old man Milner, but it wasn’t fair on him to be played at right back for the third game running. He just hasn’t got the legs for it anymore. If anything, he would have been more effective in a holding midfield position where he wouldn’t have to run so much. He certainly wouldn’t have done any worse than the three that were there. They neither protected the defence or created consistently for the attack. I’m really not sure what they were doing.

Champions don’t keep on dropping points from winning positions. It’s something that we need to sort out very soon, before we end up way off the pace.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Just to briefly explain after reading a few comments, and I really should have to

No6

RCM___No9___LCM

FWD______FWD

The press is reliant on all these players and the full backs in some instances working together, in this diagram, if the 3 forwards and the RCM and LCM are in great pressing positions, but the player at No6 is incapable of recognising which player they should be picking up or where they should position themselves to block the lines, so the players the 5 in front of him have an excellent press on have nowhere to go, enabling them to squeeze said press and potentially nick the ball advanced, the failings of the poor understanding of these things by the No6 allows the press to be broken easily far too many times and makes their efforts in attempting an expert press futile.

It has happened as described in every game we've played this season, if the No6 just goes running to the man another of our players is already taking care of, almost always already backed up by another player, more often than not a full back leaving a frickin gaping hole for any player to run into or drop into behind the press of the other 5, the press is fucked

Just seemed from the comments some didn't understand the importance of this and how the press works, apologies to any who do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”