Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Certainly, we are not dire.. anyone suggesting that is off their rocker..

I don't think anyone wants him replaced surely ..? he was again comfortably better than Fab or Hendo. Think that is the point. Gini was the one we depended on most. I know many think he wasn't that great but he was everywhere putting out fires and knitting together what Hendo and Fab cannot. That has gone and we were left relying on Elliott ( 18 ) and now Jones ( 20 ) both excellent prospects, but prospects is the word - certainly in Elliott's case.
    If you think he's not good enough then you want someone else to play instead of him. There is no other way for young prospects to develop other than being played. This is a circular argument. Klopp wanted to use them and that's why they are being used. GW is gone, we have to move on. Jones is a year older and Elliot has made the step up since Gini was in his prime with us.

No-one talks about Trent's age anymore because he's accepted as part of the team. The same would be true of Elliot if he was able to establish himself as being important to the team. So their age has nothing to do with whether we have replaced Wjinaldum or not. We have an ageing squad - inevitably we will have to include younger players in the team

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You could expect to concede against City or Chelsea, but not 3 goals away at Brentford.
    True, but at our best, 1 goal up with 20-30 mins to play, I'd feel we could bank on the win.
    Didn't have that feeling yesterday.

With our style of play we need a CM who has plenty of energy and can chew up ground so to speak.

Hendo/Gini used to do that for us and were superb at it.

Every human ages believe it or not ! I think we need a Kante type player and the nearest to it is Bissouma.

There will be dozens around the world but i'd feel comfortable with him after seeing what he can do in the EPL.

A fit Thiago helps enormously.. sadly he tends to be in and out quite often

A Liverpool fan allegedly caught on camera, spitting at a City official near the tunnel.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    A Liverpool fan allegedly caught on camera, spitting at a City official near the tunnel.
    Thought huyrob was quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thought huyrob was quiet
    Whoever it was, well done, they've given the media more ammunition to hate us. Then people wonder why we get a bad press.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    With our style of play we need a CM who has plenty of energy and can chew up ground so to speak.

Hendo/Gini used to do that for us and were superb at it.

Every human ages believe it or not ! I think we need a Kante type player and the nearest to it is Bissouma.

There will be dozens around the world but i'd feel comfortable with him after seeing what he can do in the EPL.
    Agree fully. That's why when people said we had enugh in summer it was puzzling. No way three years later those same players can reach those levels.
    It's just natural evolution. Theres atleast two or three players nowhere near their levels from that time. No top side can sustain that without adding to their squad aswell as losing athleticism in midfield. It's an absolute fuck up and it will prove so this season and imagine how infuriating it will be of we somehow unlikely manage to finish say 6-7 points behind the eventual winners.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Problem with January purchases for Klopp is that he usually wants them to spend several weeks in training getting up to speed before starting them. The season will be all but over.
    Konate has had several weeks training, and only started once so I don’t think that’s the case. It’s more if Klopp actually wants the player.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    True, but at our best, 1 goal up with 20-30 mins to play, I'd feel we could bank on the win.
    Didn't have that feeling yesterday.
    Me too. I felt we were going to concede after both goals. A third might have been the killer but in all we've lost that killing feeling we had a few seasons back where you just felt we were in control when going ahead.
    All we had to do was stay focused fir 15 mins, we managed less than a few. Their second goal was shambolic from us. De Bruyne sprays a pass wide left, theres plenty of time to cut that out yet we didnt and the rest was just calamitous.
    Last edited by teesred; 4th October 2021 at 02:50 PM.