Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Klopp saying it’s not the kind of thing you meet up for and agree over a cuppa. Talks are continuing. Don’t fuck this up FSG.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Devil’s advocate… winning a few domestic cups in Germany and Spain is hardly something to be envied by a club who recently held The Premier League, The Champions League, The Super Cup and The World Club Cup all at once, while have the highest accumulative Premier League points total over the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Top players like Mo know they have a relatively short career. They want to be serial winners. It's the mentality that makes them what they are. The club needs to match that ambition. We need reinforcements this January and again this summer, but first - with Mo...Sign him up!
    But we're only a small club teh wagez lol

Sure.. first x11 on good wage but can you see many outside first 11 earning that much?..... compare it to other clubs.. hmm

Load of shite.

Also what's the story about this season ticket bollox????? will i be able to get on the waiting list before 10 years and then wait 25 years????? i might still be alive by then even if i've got a walking stick.

other teams don't have such a big problem, even utd it isn't that hard, once again more ST's = Less money to be made..... as more people will buy the.... expensive seats as it's the only option.

It's a joke, wouldn't be surprised if a few thousand on the waiting list are dead.

As morbid as it is, maybe the best chance is a Covid 20??? Us getting relegated? I don't know.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th December 2021 at 12:50 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

About 5 or 6 years ago we all had to pay £5 to stay on the list. I was about number 7,000 on the list (now closed to new applicants) but since then we have developed the Main Stand increasing the capacity by about 8 or 9,000, then there’s the Annie rd development, so I’m hopeful. It will have been 21 years by the time the new stand opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Despite all the gloating over Coutinho’s perceived failures on the greener grass of Spain and a Germany, he has won 3 times as many league titles (x2 with Barca and x1 Bayern) and a European Cup with Bayern - as Mo Salah.
    More spin than Jen Psaki

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Speaking of Coutinho.. arent we asured more money soon? now has hes playing more for Barca?? I dunno if theres any truth in that though.
    99% certain we've received everything from the Coutinho deal, despite periodic reports on the contrary.

Barcelona still technically owe the money to us (which is why is shows up as such in the accounts) but what happens is that the money is paid and Liverpool then send that on to another party who has bought the debt.

It's a little convoluted, though happens quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    99% certain we've received everything from the Coutinho deal, despite periodic reports on the contrary.

Barcelona still technically owe the money to us (which is why is shows up as such in the accounts) but what happens is that the money is paid and Liverpool then send that on to another party who has bought the debt.

It's a little convoluted, though happens quite often.
    Yeah i read elsewhere the club have said we've received all the money..shame i wanted to leech them even more dry
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Winning the league with Bayern means nothing.. They will win the league in Germany again this season and next season and the season after and so on.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Oh alright. Lewa, and co, your titles mean for shit and your Champions League win too… means diddly, ‘cause justme said so.

Seriously though - under a certain mr Klopp Dortmund won the title in consecutive seasons. Clearly they have sown up that championship in the last decade BUT they have won the Champions League a few times over the same period too, or does that not count either?

As for spin- well Coutinho has won 9 trophies since he left us including a treble in Germany.

2 Spanish league titles
    1 German league title
    1 Champions League

To go with

3 Spanish domestic cups
    1 German domestic cup
    1 Copa America with Brazil

So while he is probably lamenting his decision to Leave us, he can console himself with a very tidy haul of winners medals.

In fact since 2010 when he signed for Inter he has won 11 trophies. 11 trophies in 11 years. He spent 5 of those years at Anfield - where he won zip.

The point being. Maybe don’t use Coutinho's decision to leave to win more trophies as an example for Salah not to leave. Maybe use Klopp as the example. Look what he has done for players. You might win a ton at other clubs BUT will you be half the player you are here?
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th December 2021 at 02:16 PM.

You’re using spin to paint a false picture of the career of Coutinho. It’s just like politicians using statistics to prove that the economy is on the up - they will find some facts that sound convincing

Coutinho’s career has declined since leaving LFC. At that point in time he was one of the most valuable players in the world. We were fighting to keep hold of him. They were paying huge sums for him.

Since then he has cut a forlorn figure. He hasn’t featured as much as anyone would have imagined. He has been loaned out. They seem to want to offload him. But have no takers. We seem uninterested in taking him back.

His dreams have not been fulfilled. Justme is correct that winning doesn’t mean as much when you aren’t at the heart of the success.

There’s no gloating here - I personally feel sad for him. It isn’t guaranteed to happen - see Suarez - but Salah in particular will be wary of it as he has already experienced something similar at Chelsea. Unfulfilled promise

Right now Mo is rated by many as the best player in the world. That could easily evanesce if he makes the wrong move.

You don’t need to prove Coutinho has done wonderfully since leaving us - it’s obviously a footballing trueism. Happens to players all the time.