Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Mo is saying it’s not just about his salary but the ambition of the club.
    This point appears to have been missed…

Exactly Miller and you can see where Salah is coming from. The lack of investment since we signed Alisson on has been very poor
    Last edited by justme; 6th December 2021 at 05:05 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well that means he is aligned with my own thinking. We need to be striving for being the best. The aim is always to be a bastion of invincibility, not being happy with a couple of titles to dine off for the next decade.

Top players like Mo know they have a relatively short career. They want to be serial winners. It's the mentality that makes them what they are. The club needs to match that ambition. We need reinforcements this January and again this summer, but first - with Mo...Sign him up!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well that means he is aligned with my own thinking.
    If only everyone else was as ambitious as you two. Presumably then if Mo agrees to a new deal you will be aligned with him in thinking the club is making good provisions for success?

Mo will also be conscious of the Coutinho scenario. He has become a superstar here, not there. And the grass is not always greener in the other side

I think it’s brilliant if he is stalling for that reason, by the way

Speaking of Coutinho.. arent we asured more money soon? now has hes playing more for Barca?? I dunno if theres any truth in that though.

Just reading the daily star is suggesting when Coutinho reaches 100 games for Barcelona they have to pay an additional 17 million to LFC..Again i dont know what is actually going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If only everyone else was as ambitious as you two. Presumably then if Mo agrees to a new deal you will be aligned with him in thinking the club is making good provisions for success?

Mo will also be conscious of the Coutinho scenario. He has become a superstar here, not there. And the grass is not always greener in the other side

I think it’s brilliant if he is stalling for that reason, by the way
    Hmm - possibly but the fact he seems to be asking for evidence suggests that from the inside he can see precisely what I and others are driving at.

Despite all the gloating over Coutinho’s perceived failures on the greener grass of Spain and a Germany, he has won 3 times as many league titles (x2 with Barca and x1 Bayern) and a European Cup with Bayern - as Mo Salah.

Couts has also won 3 domestic cups in Spain and 1 more in Germany PLUS a Copa America with Brazil.. all of this since leaving us.

Obviously he can’t say he was close to as instrumental as our Mo was but still. Playing devils advocate - it Kinda highlights how relatively ordinary for a top club side our trophy haul has been despite us believing we are world beaters.

In fact the only club he won nothing with was us. So, it just might not be the best outcome for us if Mo uses the Coutinho example as a reason to stay.
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th December 2021 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    FSG need to get the midfielder and extra forward in that we need in January, Mo's absolutely right about the lack of ambition from FSG and there is no getting away from that

They have sorted out our strength in depth in defence

But then they have unthinkably repeated the mistake they made with defence last season with our midfield this season, letting Gini go and not replacing him. Jones is not good enough, neither is Elliot, he should be getting appearances and cameos, but he is no way a starter in the first 11 of a side with our aspirations, neither is Oxlade, Oxlade and Keita had only played to an acceptable level in their midfield appearances for the club to date in the runs of games in 19-20 with both Hendo and Gini for company in midfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hmm - possibly but the fact he seems to be asking for evidence suggests that from the inside he can see precisely what I and others are driving at.

Despite all the gloating over Coutinho’s perceived failures on the greener grass of Spain and a Germany, he has won 3 times as many league titles (x2 with Barca and x1 Bayern) and a European Cup with Bayern - as Mo Salah.

Couts has also won 3 domestic cups in Spain and 1 more in Germany PLUS a Copa America with Brazil.. all of this since leaving us.
    There are a lot of players who consider themselves as having won things they have contributed precious little to having been won - Countinho did make significant contributions to his 2017-2019 honours to be fair, not to the others though, he was also at one of the top 2 clubs in a predominantly 2 club league and at the top club in a one club league, the level of competition for honours in the Premier League is far far higher than anywhere Coutinho has played since moving

Looking at international football, and just how well England have faired at the last 2 tournaments with some of the players in certain positions being far from the best, at CB and GK especially and being managed like Allardyce would manage any team shows the incredible gulf in class between the Premier League and others, a team with 4 or 5 of the regular starters and Southgate favourites many of us consider average and who are pretty average in the Prem getting so far bears that out I think
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”