Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You’re using spin to paint a false picture of the career of Coutinho. It’s just like politicians using statistics to prove that the economy is on the up - they will find some facts that sound convincing

Coutinho’s career has declined since leaving LFC. At that point in time he was one of the most valuable players in the world. We were fighting to keep hold of him. They were paying huge sums for him.

Since then he has cut a forlorn figure. He hasn’t featured as much as anyone would have imagined. He has been loaned out. They seem to want to offload him. But have no takers. We seem uninterested in taking him back.

His dreams have not been fulfilled. Justme is correct that winning doesn’t mean as much when you aren’t at the heart of the success.

There’s no gloating here - I personally feel sad for him. It isn’t guaranteed to happen - see Suarez - but Salah in particular will be wary of it as he has already experienced something similar at Chelsea. Unfulfilled promise

Right now Mo is rated by many as the best player in the world. That could easily evanesce if he makes the wrong move.

You don’t need to prove Coutinho has done wonderfully since leaving us - it’s obviously a footballing trueism. Happens to players all the time.
    Salif Daio has a CL winners medal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

And Djimi Traore

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And Djimi Traore
    Djimi was a regular in that team

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You’re using spin to paint a false picture of the career of Coutinho. It’s just like politicians using statistics to prove that the economy is on the up - they will find some facts that sound convincing

Coutinho’s career has declined since leaving LFC. At that point in time he was one of the most valuable players in the world. We were fighting to keep hold of him. They were paying huge sums for him.

Since then he has cut a forlorn figure. He hasn’t featured as much as anyone would have imagined. He has been loaned out. They seem to want to offload him. But have no takers. We seem uninterested in taking him back.

His dreams have not been fulfilled. Justme is correct that winning doesn’t mean as much when you aren’t at the heart of the success.

There’s no gloating here - I personally feel sad for him. It isn’t guaranteed to happen - see Suarez - but Salah in particular will be wary of it as he has already experienced something similar at Chelsea. Unfulfilled promise

Right now Mo is rated by many as the best player in the world. That could easily evanesce if he makes the wrong move.

You don’t need to prove Coutinho has done wonderfully since leaving us - it’s obviously a footballing trueism. Happens to players all the time.
    It would indeed be spin IF I were saying Coutinho had done well since leaving - citing the medals he has won, but I haven't. We all know his career has gone down the toilet from a playing perspective, BUT is that because he left Liverpool FC to win more trophies? No - clearly not, because he has won more trophies. His career has gone to pot for many reasons, joining Barca at a very bad time, club wildly mismanaged, tasked with replacing Iniesta (chuckle & impossible) and having the burden of trying to stand out in a team built to facilitate Lionel Messi. I am simply suggesting that rather than focus on Coutts and how badly he has done winning 9 trophies perhaps it would be better to focus on how most players seem better when playing for Jurgen.

11 trophies in 11 years Taksin - spent 5 of them at Liverpool and won diddly squat. You could say that suggesting he should have stayed is spin.. IF we look at the cold hard facts as stats.

Thats across his time in Europe but the facts that you readily admit to in this instance, are also pretty numerous, there are 9 of them since January 2018

If we call that spin then I guess it's the type that curls into the top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Salif Daio has a CL winners medal

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And Djimi Traore
    Don't forget Carra..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don't forget Carra..
    Pongolle

Pongolle
    Steven Gerrard

Question for you vin.

Who else won 3 league titles and a Champions league with 2 different clubs in 2.5 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Steven Gerrard

Question for you vin.

Who else won 3 league titles and a Champions league with 2 different clubs in 2.5 seasons?
    Winning isn't everything

Winning isn't everything
    In the voice of Woy Hodgson - It certainwry isn’t.

Winning isn't everything
    Its not trophies are for egos only 😂😂