Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You’re using spin to paint a false picture of the career of Coutinho.
    Mo has actually won 4 trophies in that time, League, Champions League, ESC and CWC the latter 2 rating as higher achievements than winning the Spanish or German equivalent of the FA or Carabao Cup in my book
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It would indeed be spin IF I were saying Coutinho had done well since leaving - citing the medals he has won, but I haven't.
    Although you did say this

In fact the only club he won nothing with was us. So, it just might not be the best outcome for us if Mo uses the Coutinho example as a reason to stay.

Which is a very long way from this

We all know his career has gone down the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo has actually won 4 trophies in that time, League, Champions League, ESC and CWC the latter 2 rating as higher achievements than winning the Spanish or German equivalent of the FA or Carabao Cup in my book
    Yes but in your book there are some very weird and wonderful delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Although you did say this

In fact the only club he won nothing with was us. So, it just might not be the best outcome for us if Mo uses the Coutinho example as a reason to stay.

Which is a very long way from this
    They are indeed but both of them are correct.

Or do you think different?

Di-vock O-ri-gi!!!!!

Manes form will improve when Salah signs an extension. Sign the contract please Mo

They are indeed but both of them are correct.

Or do you think different?
    Self contradictory

If Coutinho's career went down the toilet after leaving us
    And if Mo uses that example as a reason to stay
    How could that not be the best outcome for us?
    (only if you believe it is better he leaves, which we know is not your position)

That's logical inference

The contradiction stems from your have your cake and eat is stance - on the one hand you object to the idea that Coutinho came out worse after leaving us, arguing that he in fact did better after leaving us, and then on the other hand you say we all know his career went down the toilet.

Once more, it is impossible to argue with you if you simultaneously adopt both positions in the argument, object to someone using one side of the same argument, and then claim to have been on that side all along

Do I think different?
    Yes. I think what I have stated all along. Mo may look at the fate of Coutinho and decide, on balance, his career will do better where he is, despite more money and glamour elsewhere. And I think that would be a better outcome for us. And I say this unswayed by Coutinho's supposed trophy haul since leaving, where he played a bit part not a central part in that success.

For the sake of the thread I will keep it relatively short.

You seem to miss the point.

Despite the fact that Coutinho has had an absolute mare since leaving he has STILL won 9 titles - 4 of them the biggest prizes you can win. League titles x3 and a Champions League x1.

This cannot be refuted

This is so simple. So then IF he has managed to win so much despite a relative failure to live up to his potential on the pitch - why use it as a vehicle to sell staying at Anfield for less money than Salah or his agent wants..?

The vehicle IMO is Jurgen Klopp - despite all your want to prove it’s the running of the club (chuckle) which it honestly is not - it is Klopp and the fans who adore him. He is the man and these are the fans to play for. This is why he should stay.

For me the look at Coutinho can go both ways.

My tuppence:

Mos contract will come down to cash. He's a high value asset and is looking at his last contract.
    He'd back himself to replace Messi at barca if it came to it. I think he want$ to $tay pending terms, no indication of leaving and LFC have a good negotiating position too.
    They/We helped make him who he is today and the outlook is good. If Lfc balls it up he can always get out of the club if he wants.
    Pep or Psg would sign him in a heartbeat bar some ffp barriers.

Coutinho made his decision and it didn't work out for him. Joined barca then Bayern and his wages increased. Whatever cups he won prior to lfc is a mystery to me.

The cups after lfc wouldn't compare to winning either the league or CL here had he stayed.
    He was a key man here, flopped at barca and was bit part in Bayern winning trophies

Absolutely true, the key difference is Salah would back himself to step into Messi shoes. Good for us though that Barca are a shadow of what they were.

Coutinjo was good, but not close to walking Iniesta’s walk.

It will come down to cash sadly. Hence within reason we have to pay what he wants .