Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Will it be a consolation? I genuinely don't know. Will he look back at those medals and feel like he contributed? I don't have an answer for Cout, but if it was me I would feel disconnected to most of those in the same way Daio etc etc would feel to our CL win
    Yep exactly like Salf Daio…Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I put it to you that your animus for FSG has clouded your judgement in this argument. You want so much to highlight that players are better off elsewhere even as you admit that the one highlighted here has been, in reality, worse off.

The idea that FSG are sitting there, not wanting to pay him any more than he's on is laughable. In truth they have a difficult problem on their hands. It will distort their pay structure, which is carefully and methodically put together, and it will stretch the club's finances, including with regards to fair play rules. If they pay him a huge amount more it will also limit their ability to pay the wages of new players. So, as in all of life's financial problems, it is a balancing act.

One thing they have in their favour is the success they have already brought to him, which is far and above that enjoyed by Coutinho since he left. And whilst he would be guaranteed to win more trophies at Bayern Munich, for example, those trophies will most probably rank lower in his dreams than the ones he could win here, even if they all seem to count equally in your book.
    Why would fsg want to pay Salah more ? He's hitting those years of physical decline over his next contract.
    He has LFC over a barrel knowing he could leave on a free like Gini, collect a tidy signing on bonus and massive wages.
    Salah already has a great legacy at LFC, he could sign an extension with us and be up there with Gerrard, Rush or Kenny.

Or he could leave, likely make a shit tonne more money and play for one of Europe's top clubs. His legacy here would suffer if he moved to a pl rival. But he could fook off and land league titles in Spain, France or Germany whilst having a chance of a CL title. Psg the biggest concern imo.

Lfc have a strong position as does Salah. Presently other leagues aren't as appetising but there is more money available elsewhere and titles are more easy to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep exactly like Salf Daio…Hmm
    Take the Salif bit out and answer the question
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

No.

Sorry but again you must answer this before leaping to conclusions.

1. Has he done well in terms of winning titles and trophies?
    2. has his playing career improved or declined?

Both answers are different and in my mind they seem to conflict.

I am saying that citing Coutinho is unwise because I believe it is er..unwise. It also opens up Suarez comparisons which don't make us look quite as attractive. Some might want to say that Suarez left before Klopp, but then it would also appear then that Klopp IS a major factor here. This is what I was saying from the start.

I don't like this type of "argument" at all, as I don't even see one.

I have used facts to show how there are 2 sides to the story, like most things.
    On suarez the tables have turned. Leaving lfc now is a very different decision.

Lfc are presently competitive in Europe's best league, with PL sides being strong in Europe.
    Barca are in turmoil, real similar but more stable.
    Klopp is a better man manger than BR.

Suarez wanted to be closer to his family back then, but were he here today as in the summer of 2014 not sure the desire to be closer to family would see him leave for barca.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Why would fsg want to pay Salah more ? He's hitting those years of physical decline over his next contract.
    He has LFC over a barrel knowing he could leave on a free like Gini, collect a tidy signing on bonus and massive wages.
    Salah already has a great legacy at LFC, he could sign an extension with us and be up there with Gerrard, Rush or Kenny.

Or he could leave, likely make a shit tonne more money and play for one of Europe's top clubs. His legacy here would suffer if he moved to a pl rival. But he could fook off and land league titles in Spain, France or Germany whilst having a chance of a CL title. Psg the biggest concern imo.

Lfc have a strong position as does Salah. Presently other leagues aren't as appetising but there is more money available elsewhere and titles are more easy to win.
    Which top club though? Barcelona are adrift? Madrid? He would be mad to go to PSG with Messi, Neymar & Mbappe there.

Think he has to be fair. Phils titles seem like pieces of silver to compensate a career that went tits up.
    When suarez left he took off and contributed meaningfully to their title successes.

When both are finished with the game Suarez won't question his move even though barca ended up in the shit.
    Phil on the other hand might look back at it with regret most likely.

The issue for us is that Salah presently in terms as a footballer is more akin to Suarez than Phil.
    Phil left as the third best attacker at best. Barca had they a clue about transfers would have signed Mane. As he was the type of player they needed back then. Someone who worked their arses off and had the physicality to compliment their ageing stars.

Well, you brought Salif Daio into this pal, so I suggest you tell us all how in the living fuck you equate Coutinho winning 9 NINE titles including 3x league titles and the European Cup in 2.5 years with Salif Daio's spell at Anfield.

I am all eyes..

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think he has to be fair. Phils titles seem like pieces of silver to compensate a career that went tits up.
    When suarez left he took off and contributed meaningfully to their title successes.

When both are finished with the game Suarez won't question his move even though barca ended up in the shit.
    Phil on the other hand might look back at it with regret most likely.

The issue for us is that Salah presently in terms as a footballer is more akin to Suarez than Phil.
    Phil left as the third best attacker at best. Barca had they a clue about transfers would have signed Mane. As he was the type of player they needed back then. Someone who worked their arses off and had the physicality to compliment their ageing stars.
    Correct

Which top club though? Barcelona are adrift? Madrid? He would be mad to go to PSG with Messi, Neymar & Mbappe there.
    Mbappe looks like he will leave psg this summer, Halaand won't be at Dortmund much longer.

So he could replace Mbappe at PSG, barca look goosed for the immediate future but Real who have had a net spend less than Leeds United over the last 6-7 years could sort themselves out rather sharply. Bale iirc will be off their books this summer.

Real are in a recycling phase but are better run than barca. Been rumours they'll sign mbappe on a free having offered well in excess of 100mill summer gone. Also linked with Haaland, rumoured 70 mill release this summer.

Its an if real sign both in the summer scenario, and bar Haaland to Bayern only the pl sides to compete against real for both.

Neymar Messi Salah
    Or
    Mbappe Haaland Salah

Real have a lot to do potentially but I wouldn't put it past them to be active.
    Both us and Real have a lot of wiggle room with ffp compared to other clubs.

Well, you brought Salif Daio into this pal, so I suggest you tell us all how in the living fuck you equate Coutinho winning 9 NINE titles including 3x league titles and the European Cup in 2.5 years with Salif Daio's spell at Anfield.

I am all eyes..
    From the perspective of feeling they contributed. Salif was an extreme example. Seeing him bounce around the podium in Istanbul. Yes, enjoy the moment but did he really contribute overall.

Similarly, with Coutinho. I'm not bothered that he left, as that funded the team to get stronger BUT how many of those 9 medals will he feel like he genuinely contributed to